VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This site used to provide links to the English versions of PotPlayer for download.

For some reason, this has been changed to now provided direct links to the developer's site for downloading software, which unfortunately provides Korean versions of the program.

The VideoHelp page does provide a secondary link to the DVBSupport page which provides download links to the English versions, but this is bothersome... especially since it is the VideoHelp link which shows up first in Google search results for PotPlayer. So people will come here when looking for PotPlayer, click on your provided download links (not realizing they will get a Korean version of the program), and be REALLY REALLY ANNOYED when they start the program.

I think you need to return to the English version download links, or at least post them on your page along with the developer site links... making crystal clear with additional text description that the developer download provides a Korean version of the program, not English.

Yes? Am I missing something?
    Quote Quote  
  2. which unfortunately provides Korean versions of the program.
    If you have any issue with installer, visit their offical facebook and leave a message as potplayer is supposed to provide multi languages: https://www.facebook.com/potplayer.globalversion
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The "free download" tab on their Facebook page provides buttons to presumably initiate downloads for both 32-bit and 64-bit versions. Both buttons do nothing at all, though they obviously were programmed to launch the download. For example, the 64-bit button is:

http://get.daum.net/PotPlayer64/v2/PotPlayerSetup64.exe

but it doesn't work at all pushed as that button from that Facebook page, at least not with Firefox for me. It does work of course when used as a regular URL, if you "copy link" and then paste it into a browser as a URL address.

If there's some other way or place to retrieve the installer from the developer which will create an English version of the installed program, I'd like to know it.

Anyway, there's no choice of language as best I can see. It's just a link, to the installer file. No options, no choices. And when the downloaded installer file is run it produces a Korean version of PotPlayer. That's not what I want.

VideoHelp used to provide a direct link to an installer that had been customized to produce the English version of PotPlayer. That's what I still want. I really didn't need to go to DVBSupport before, but I guess I will now.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Hmmm, just let them know your issues as they are provider.

ps. the download button works here: potplayer.daum.net
    I've tried it for curisotiy.
    Last edited by sheppaul; 6th Aug 2014 at 20:17.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!