VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by vampyl
    Everywhere i have read it says that dmf2 will only convert the audio if the mpeg is compliant. That just does not work for me. I have the do not convert compliant mpegs checked but it always reconverts the audio and video. My original file is at 352x240 44100hz and it always wants to reconvert both. Now if i take the same file and redo the audio with tmpgenc to 48000hz it will not do anyt conversion at all. Does anyone have any suggestions. I always seem to get a sync problem with the tmpgenc solution. And i would much rather let dmf2 do it to solve the sync problem but i dont want to lose quality. Please help if you can this is very frustrating.
    The compliant box means compliant with the MPEG settings you have selected for MF2. You can change that using the Disc Template command from the menu in the left bottom corner or by customizing the MPEG settings using the Checkbox menu (again in the lower left). In other words, if your source is 352x240 with 192kps sound, you need to setup a Template that has 352x240 with at least 192kps Layer 2 audio and use that template or customize the MPEG settings. Note that the checkbox is to NOT convert complaint MPEG. (I'm not sure that MF2 will handle the 44100 audio without a reencode though).

Also, this is a global setting, you can't have a 352x240 clip and a 720x480 clip in the same project, one or the other will get reencoded by MF2 to the CURRENT MPEG settings.

My 2 problems with MF2 are that it doesn't automatically recognize elementary streams (.mpv and .mpa) which means an extra step if you use 2-pass CCE and the Menu/Chapter point template customization doesn't let you move any boxes around.
    Quote Quote  
  2. tphaggerty: Your are absolutly right, but it does not work always like expected.
    A friend of mine did convert from DV-source with a different encoder, and put the settings to constant-bit-rate 6000.
    If i use that as input into MF2, and if i set here also CBR 6000, then MF2 does not reconvert the video, if i have the "Do not convert compliant MPEG files"-checkbox unchecked.
    If i use TMPGEnc, and do configure CBR 6000, and use that as input, then MF2 does reconvert the video. And i have no idea why.
    Bitrate and size are equal in both programs.....
    Quote Quote  
  3. hmm..
    just wondering.. did anyone here ever succeed in using the mf2's 'replace audio' function?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Finally i detected a way, to get what i want....
    I encode the AVI to mpg with TMPGEnc, including the audio as mpeg.
    Video set to CBR 6000, and audio to 48khz, 384kbit/sec.
    In MF2 i deselect the famous "Do not convert compliant MPEG files"-checkbox, and i set video to CBR 6000 and audio to LPCM.
    MF2 then reconverts the audio to PCM and seems to leave the video untouched. The result is a DVD including PCM-audio.

I did find no way to replace the audio in MF2 directly with a PCM-audio-file. Either i had no audio in at the end, or MF2 decided to reconvert the video.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use the Replace Audio function in DMF2 quite often with no problems.

As long as the wav file is PCM, 16-bit, 48kHz, stereo, DMF2 has always accepted my wav file without reconverting the video.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Great!!!
    It works now!!
    Problem was the that I had 41kHz instead of 48khz!!

Thanks!!!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hmmm...

regarding replacing sound files.

I used VirtualDub to extrract (what I think is) an LPCM audio stream (wav file at 48kHz, stereo, and 1536 kbps). Playing back this audio stream confirms the wav file does have the soundtrack.

I still get video with no sound. Any ideas? Does MF2 limit the max sampling to 384 kbps or other?

thanks,
    R
    undotcom
    Quote Quote  
  8. I've got a problem with DMF2 author program. When I burn the files to dvd video w/nero, the playback on my DVD standalone is really REALLY jerky as stated before. Mostly it seems the first 4 or 5 of my first 3 minute chapters of every episode are really jerky. I tried using DMF2 directly to DVD-R, but it was only 1x max and made a nice coaster. Does anyone think it's because I use cq 70 TMPEG DVD template? and that it might only take constant br.?
    Don't knock on deaths door, ring the doorbell and run, death hates that!
    Quote Quote  
  9. I have a DVD+RW which was created on a Philips DVD Recorder. The standard menu provided by the Pilips unit is rather boring and does not allow for chapter menus, so I used Moviefactory 2 to change the menu.

When I played the DVD in my regular DVD player (a Panasonic), the new menu displayed on my TV, it worked as would be expected, but the various menu options did not highlight as I moved around the menu (I had to "guess" where I was).

The menu highlighted correctly when watching the DVD on my computer, and DVDs burned from scratch using Moviefactory 2 work fine on my Panasonic machine. It's just when I use Moviefactory 2 for only the menu that I get a problem.

I tried contacting Ulead support, but they were no help at all.

Any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
  10. You can also use Media Studio Pro 7 with divx to re-encode and keep aspect ratio and add different video effects and transitions.

Demo:
    http://www.ulead.com/msp/trial.htm
    Quote Quote  
  11. I've been using Ulead DVD Movie Factory 2 to author vcd's without any troubles. Menus work, chapters, work, easy as pie. However I tried to author my first dvd today. The file is only 1 hour and 40 min long. It's 3.1 gigs and I'm using a brand new blank dvd+r that's 4.7 gigs. After going through the whole process to burn the disc it spat out that ther was not enough room on the disc.

Has this happened to anyone else? Can you tell me a good fix?

So far I have found this product to be easy to use and far better than version 1.0, until now...
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Check to see what your audio is. If it is PCM, then you won't get more than an hour of video plus audio on a DVD. Change it to MPEG Layer 2 at 224/kbps. This is NOT the NTSC DVD standard, but it will play on any standalone that plays VCDs.

Or, you can download Besweet and do AC3 audio, which is NTSC DVD compliant, but you'll have to encode the audio separately and join it using the Add Audio button in MF2 (actually, not even sure how you could do this if you have MF2 do the encoding).
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hey, im using MF2 and i did everything in the guide and when i burnt the dvd at the end i get the error "Some chapters entry frame number exceed the total frames." Then I go check to see was sup with the movie, and it comes out being that there isnt anything on the dvd-r. Can someone tell me what to do, becuase I read something in the first page but dont understand too well wat to do? Someone please get back to me ASAP
    Quote Quote  
  14. does this program support to add subtitles?????
    Quote Quote  
  15. I can make chapters of one movie.
    How can I make separate chapters with diffent playtimes when I load only one movie into DVD Movie Factory.
    Quote Quote  
  16. When I attach backgroundmusic to a slideshow every time the music stops a while when a picture changes to the next picture and continues at the next picture.
    Who has a solution?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Hi everyone. I need some help...or a guide really

I have 2 .avi movies that I want to put on a DVD.
    Both of the movies are XVid encoded with AC3 Audio.

The first file is only 716mbs big.
    The second movie is split into two 718 mb files. I want these two to be joined together and run as one seamless movie.

I would like to be able to acess the 2 separate movies from menu.

How would I convert these 2 movies so that I can fit them both on to one DVD. The files are small enough, but when I emport them as they are it's waaay over the limit.

Please help! Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Baldrick, and any others interested, I have another helpful tidbit.

I have added some fairly large video files (mpeg2) to my project and have found they sometimes exceed the capacity of a dvd.
    So, on that last image screen of your guide, what I do is - instead od burn to disc - I click on the 'make a dvd folder.' I give it a path/location that has lots of space available (say a minimum of 8Gb). Then Output/burn it.

The resulting video_ts folder may then be as large as it needs to be.

Then I use Instant Copy CD/DVD to take that video_ts and put it to a dvd. It will automatically resize as necessary.

Probably only because I don't want to bury myself into all the other details.

Hope that helps whoever finds it useful.
    Whatever doesn't kill me, merely ticks me off. (Never again a Sony consumer.)
    Quote Quote  
  19. MF2 crashes when importing a mpeg video.

I've been using MF2 for a while and I've never had problems. Today I spent hours trying to solve this...I use the TMPGenc to encode de DV(AVI) from Premiere, after transforming DV1 to DV2 (DV1 does not work in TMPG), then I import this mpeg file into MF2, as usual. But now! It crashes, freezes the computer and I'm forced to Ctrl+Alt+Del - at the moment I click over the file name.
    Please help me! I really like this software I wouldn't like to leave it behind.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  20. Why is it that when I added five 45 mins eps to Moviefactory 2, it shows the total file as as 4.3 gigs but when I add the same files to Tmpgenc dvd author it comes up as 2.4 gigs ?
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I would like to know how to burn a DVD with an AC3 file.
    Not a decoded AC3 file, but the real deal.

Will Ulead always decode to wav, or encode to mpa??
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Please help.

I have rendered an AVI PAL out of Adobe Premiere and put onthe HD.
    I then used ULEAD DVD Movie Creator to make the DVD and changed the 'TV System' setting to NTSC BECAUSE I WANT TO SELL THIS DVD IN THE USA.

My question is: Will Movie Creator automatically convert the PAL AVI completely and fully in order for it to work on the USA 'TV SYSTEM'?

I really hope the answer is YES!
    Quote Quote