VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey guys, awesome forum here and this is my first post, and I'm sure not my last.

I have a pretty urgent situation. Long story short I've been doing a time lapse video from a CCTV camera over a period of about 3 months. Each clip I have exported from my VMS and is spat out as a MKV, where I have converted it to MP4.

While putting all the pieces of the puzzle together, I've noticed the very first clip has become corrupt and is about 16GB in size. The video plays fine in vlc, however when scrubbing to certain areas in the video, the file is then corrupt, however other parts and the majority of the video play without any issues.

Ive tried importing and re exporting in premiere pro, and in Vegas but both programs just hang and eventually crash. I've also tried re converting them with VLC and other conversion tools, but these conversions complete, but only convert the first 1 minute of footage and then shows as "complete".

The other thing to note is that I cannot copy the file from the drive. I cannot copy it off the drive and I also cannot create a copy on the same drive. The file will just not budge at all and spits out a error code when attempting to copy. (I will provide the error code when my power comes back on )

Is there anything I can do to recover or repair this file?

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
  2. users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  3. First make a full image of your drive, then chkdsk X: /f, where X: is the drive letter with you video on
    Quote Quote