VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm new to all this and would be every grateful if someone would help me out.
    I bought Sony DVD RW DRU-510A couple of months ago and didn't really have any problems until now.It started off one day with Windows not finding DVD Writer.Upon start up Nero (I'm using version 6.0.0.28) would scan looking for drives and freezing up PC.I then reinstall Nero only to have another problem with Burn process failing with various media.I have tried DVD+RW and DVD-R of diferent makes all but the same problem.Ok I guess maybe I'm trying burn too much data ,maybe some of my Nero's settings are not configure properly.At the same time there are no problems burning normal CD while using normal CD writer.Ani ideas ?

here are my system spects:

Windows XP Home Edition 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
    CPU : AMD Athlon XP 2100+ 1733 MHz
    Bus Speed : 133 MHz
    Motherboard : ASUSTeK A7V8X

BIOS : Award ASUS A7V8X ACPI BIOS Revision 1007
    Memory : 1024 MB
    Sound : Santa Cruz(tm)
    Video : NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4600

Primary IDE Channel
    Master: WDC WD800JB-00CRA1
    Slave: LITEON DVD-ROM LTD163D

Secondary IDE Channel
    Master: MITSUMI CR-48XCTE
    Slave: SONY DVD RW DRU-510A

Virtual Drive
    (H) AXV CD/DVD-ROM (3:0)

PS.this is what I have just found :

ASPI Information
    ----------------
    System ASPI : ASPI installation is corrupted

wnaspi32.dll : 1.0.0.0 21504 bytes April 08, 2003
    ASPI32.SYS : 4.71 (0002) built by: WinDDK 16512 bytes July 17, 2002

Nero ASPI : ASPI is installed and working properly

WNASPI32.DLL : 2.0.1.59 160016 bytes June 17, 2003

Would system ASPI had anything to do with my problem ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. might wannt try downloading the aspi layer again and see what happens
    Quote Quote  
  3. I download the latest version but I have not been able to install it
    Quote Quote  
  4. If I were you, I would try the following:

1. Uninstall Nero.
    2. Uninstall the Sony drive through Device Manager.
    3. Turn the computer off and then on.
    3. Check the device manager to see if the Sony drive is reinstalled.
    4. In the Device Manager, check the IDE drives to make sure the Sony is on DMA. If not, uninstall Sony, and also uninstall the secondary IDE ATAPI controller and turn the computer off and on again. I would not mess with the Primary IDE chanenel.
    5. Reinstall Nero.

Please note that in Device manager you can uninstall the Sony drive and the IDE controller by clicking on them with the right mouse button and then select "Uninstall".
    Quote Quote  
  5. It seem to working now..... ........Falberni's tip did work for me...thx ever so much.I have just burnt sucessfully 3.8 gigs of data on the disk that previously I was not able to use before.I don't want to risk going over 4 gigs since I have got no spare DVD disks left.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Well,I bought few new DVD medias and here is another problem.I can't burn any more then 3.8 GB data on DVD.Is this normal ? can that be fixed ? I have tried to do search but seem not to be able to find answer.I'm now using Nero 6.0.0.0 and Imitation DVD+RW disks
    Quote Quote  
  7. try copytodvd only burn DVD-R has some problem with DVD+R but there newest version might have fix the problem. If this program does not work try CloneDVD and see if you can burn with it. These two program do not use ASPI driver's Nero does.
    Quote Quote