VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have LG smart TV with DLNA enabled. (http://lgknowledgebase.com/kb/index.php?View=entry&EntryID=6460). currently I am evaluating few products to convert all of my DVD collection to DLNA enabled NAS. I m very impress with VOB2MPG due to the speed and no encoding/decoding when create mpg file. this is surely the biggest plus.

Problem
    =====
    However I am experiencing issue after converting VOB to mpg.

1. VOB files can be play on DLNA TV and computer.
    2. After converting VOB to mpg (using VOB2MPG, Not Pro) its works on the computer and not ON DLNA TV. (Message Invalid file format)

I am happy to buy even pro version provided if I can first evaluate it before I buy. I wanted to two do things before I buy (provided its solve the issue)
    1. generate mpg in my computer env
    2. play it in my DLNA TV

BTW, I checked the codecs, after mpg is generated, it seems alright.

any help really appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    there isn't any difference in the mpeg-2 from the free version and the pro version. it's the same dvd spec video removed from the vob wrapper.

maybe your tv can't handle files over 1gb
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    there isn't any difference in the mpeg-2 from the free version and the pro version. it's the same dvd spec video removed from the vob wrapper.

maybe your tv can't handle files over 1gb

Thank you for the replay. that couldn't be the case. I can play very big downloaded MPG files without any issue. its something to do with extraction. funny thing is VOB I can play without any issue.
    Quote Quote