VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello
    I'm trying to batch extract subtitles from .mkv files and I found MKVCleaver to successfully do that but I cannot find a way to name the extracting .srts to be exactly as the filenames of the videos.
    When I try this in the Custom Filename Form

I get this AutoIT error

Also tried with these brackets [] as mentioned here

but same error.

What am I doing wrong here?

[edit] Meanwhile, I managed to find a way to do the batch extracting with ffmpeg and powershell with the following code
    Code:
    foreach($file in Get-ChildItem $(pwd)) { ffmpeg -i $file -map 0:s:0 $(echo $file | %{$_ -replace ".mkv",".srt"}) }
    Last edited by [ss]vegeta; 31st Dec 2020 at 08:41.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Apparently you found a workaround that might be more convenient than the initially intended method, but shouldn't the extension be included in the naming pattern, i.e. « <filename>.srt » ? Arguably the embedded tips are quite confusing (in particular, I don't know how to interpret the second-to-last line in the last screenshot).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by abolibibelot View Post
    Apparently you found a workaround that might be more convenient than the initially intended method, but shouldn't the extension be included in the naming pattern, i.e. « <filename>.srt » ? Arguably the embedded tips are quite confusing (in particular, I don't know how to interpret the second-to-last line in the last screenshot).
    Yeah, confusing to me as well. I tried adding the extension, I still get errors. Did you try for yourself?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Yeah, confusing to me as well. I tried adding the extension, I still get errors. Did you try for yourself?
    No, but it seemed like it could be worth a shot based on the fuzzy information they provide...
    Aren't there more detailed explanations in the “help file” ? And what does the scouter say about it ?
    Quote Quote  
  5. I found the developers website. This page might help: Sheck's Software: Custom Filename Examples
    Quote Quote