VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a video uploaded to Youtube. That went ok and it can be viewed in their viewer. The content is marked private.
    I've been trying to get the right screen and keystroke combination for Youtube to auto generate their subs. I quit it one time but now I want to start over and get that job done then export an SRT to download.

If I have to start from scratch and reupload I can do that. But this should be findable between their dashboard stuff on screen left etc. I just can't get it going.

I managed this with a different vid a few months ago but fail to recall the method.

How can I do this from the bueginning: log on to yout tube, go to my content and then what? I'm not seeing a screen needed
    to start the autogenerate.

Lastly I did do the procedure to verify at youtube validation where they send the code.
    Quote Quote  
  2. It appears I am stuck on a manual edit subtitle screen called Captions with a Plus symbol.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I may be forgetting other options. Can the audio only be used to generate the SRT from a free source? If I demux the audio is there a free service to generate the SRT?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can try latest Subtitle Edit beta: https://github.com/SubtitleEdit/subtitleedit/discussions/5639
    For YouTube, you could probably create a blank video and add the audio - e.g. with FFmpeg or Subtitle Edit + mkvtoolnix.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hello Nikse and all. I have seen your Subtitle Edit topic on the other forum. And I do use SE for text correction from a printed source where auto- generated subs have spewed out homonyms and other errors to be fixed by hand.

The goal with this is to do something like Sonix would accomplish: send up the audio/video mkv and have the auto generated subs give an SRT formart which could then be downloaded and manually corrected with, in my case, a print copy of a play on video which lacked subtitles to be fixed in SE.

I can't navigate Youtube which may have changed again. Maestra (and Sonix likely as well) require a terms of service agreement and fees. This is for my own use and I consider all those signed requirements intrusive plus I need a free source.

As a private Youtube I should be able to have Yt do the subs (CC) as it does for active vids. I have uploaded my 1 hr video. I just can't get to the right procedure to do the transcription from audio to text with the SRT timing format, then download that for subs correction. I think I had it started once but Yt shows no effective way to gauge the progress-- just a spinning throbber which might be hung up or who knows what interminably. Anyway I couldn't return to that operation-- just couldn't find it. People must do this every day but I cannot manage.

thanks for responding
    Quote Quote