VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm trying to reposition a subtitle so that it doesn't cover up an opening credit. I've moved it to Middle/center and the opening credit can be seen, but now the subtitle is covering an actor's face. Is there a way to move it down just a couple lines? I tried pressing Enter twice to create a couple blank lines but it didn't work.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Use .ass format and ass tags eg {\pos(200,200)}This is a subtitle at 200,200
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks, I tried that but it didn't work. I tried both {\pos((320,240)} and {\pos(200,200)} but it stayed the same place on the screen. Does this need tag need to be entered in conjunction with an alignment tag or something? I had the alignment set to bottom/center.
    Quote Quote  
  4. locotus
    Search Comp PM
    Perhpas you're using a font larger than the resolution of the video allow.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Attached a test. Perhaps attach your .ass file to a post.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  6. It still wouldn't work with the subtitles I was trying to reposition before, but it worked with ones at a different spot in the .ass file. Maybe those particular subtitles got corrupted somehow and I should just delete them and redo them.

Thanks for your help.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can also update subtitle edit to 3.6.4.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe OP is using a player that doesn't support *.ass and/or doesn't honour other positioning tags than the {\an*} ones.
    If his player supports PGS, he can export to Blu-ray sup.
    Quote Quote