VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a DVD of a compilation of some old film footage. It's just a straight recording. I just want to take the instances of footage and isolate them and have them as individual VOBs. It doesn't matter whether these VOBs will be able to be burned onto DVDs or not. I just want to isolate the footage and have it as 3 unique VOB files. No further compressing or anything like that, either. So, can anyone help me?

Also, I need frame-by-frame editting power. I began this project with DVD Shrink and found out that DVD shrink only lets you go 14 frames by 14 frames...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVD Shrink lets you edit on key frames ("I" frames) only. These can be anywhere from 12 - 18 frames apart depending on the disc in question.

DVD Shrink is a simple way to get your VOB sets. You can then either use VOBMerge to create large VOBs, or VOB2MPG to create mpg files. Either way there is no quality change.

For frame by frame editing, the two best tools are VideoRedo and Womble Mpeg Video Wizard. VideoRedo is a virtualdub-like assemble editor. It is simple, quick, and great for chopping out sections, such as commercials.

Video Wizard (Womble) if more like a Non-Linear Editor in that you can cut a clip up, re-arrange the parts, add music, add titles etc. It is no competition for something like Vegas, but it is mpeg-native.

Either of these will edit without re-encoding (caveat : if you change the video in any other way - titles, filters etc - then it will get re-encoded)
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Reading the VideoReDo Guide right now. Thanks for the response. Guides can be unreliable, but I hope I have success.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    wfcwerc

mistake post
    Quote Quote