VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. This has only happened to me a few times, but horizontal green lines have shown up in some of my recently created DivX files (DivX 5.1.1). They are very subtle, gradually become stronger, but then they vanish whenever a new key frame is drawn. They seem to show up only around garish patterns with a lot of blue nearby, so they aren't obvious to an untrained eye.

Any ideas?
    where bananas go to church...
    ...a monkey will be their preacher
    Quote Quote  
  2. I realize that this isn't about conversion per se, but since it shows up under pretty much any encoding operation, I figured that would cover conversions. Certainly, I'm not alone on this phenomenon.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    what do you play with? try vlc, it has a built in decoder.
    Quote Quote  
  4. It shows up regardless of the player, but in this most recent case, VirtualDubMod was what I used for both encoding and playback.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I did some more testing and I'm about 99% certain that it doesn't have anything to do with the encoding/decoding processes per se.

The green lines only show up when decoded into a DirectShow filter, while ffdshow and avisynth's "AviSource" show a perfectly normal image.
    Quote Quote  
  6. So far I've only tested DivX (5.1.1), but I'm not yet sure about other codecs like XviD and RM. I'll report my findings when I know more.
    Quote Quote