VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello to all and Happy New Year! I have a problem: I have a video that plays but every few seconds it slows up and then goes back to normal. Is there anyway to fix this problem and do you need a sample. I would greatly appreciate the help. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I think a sample would be helpful. How are you playing the video?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I play it on the computer with vlc and also on Windows media player. I burnt it to a disc but I have the same problem.

Here is the sample:

https://www.mediafire.com/?lmm0ao1av5dl4k3
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    No problems for me playing,it's been encoded incorrectly with interlacing and poor quality.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Is there a way to fix that?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Can anyone help me?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What d you mean it slows down?
    The audio and video together, or does one get ahead/behind the other?

I took a look at the second sample, and except for some occasional stuttering n the audio (at 18 seconds in)
    I don't really see anything else.
    Quote Quote  
  8. How do I solve the stuttering problem in the video?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What stuttering problem? I don''t see it. Just some stuttering in the audio.
    I extracted the audio and played it in Winamp, and the stuttering is still there.

At what timestamp in video 2 do you see video stutter?
    Quote Quote  
  10. There's nothing wrong with how it plays, except for the audio glitch davexnet mentioned.

If you're making a DVD the interlacing is fine, otherwise not. You have a much bigger problem. The blacks are horribly crushed and much of the damage can't be fixed. Also it's blocky as hell because you used much too low of a bitrate. Better would be for you to begin again with the capture, if that's what this is, because, as johns0 said, this is a very poor quality video.
    Quote Quote  
  11. How do I solve the stuttering in the audio? Thats the only problem I have with this video.I would greatly appreciate the help
    Quote Quote  
  12. How would you start a capture?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by jcool26 View Post
    How do I solve the stuttering in the audio?
    Why bother? There's much more wrong with it than a slight audio glitch.
    Thats the only problem I have with this video.
    Then why this thread about a 'lagging problem'?
    How would you start a capture?
    If you captured it from TV or a tape or someplace else, then do it over again. If you downloaded this garbage from somewhere then delete it.
    Quote Quote  
  14. probably this was recorded using a cell phone, compact camera or tablet?Since garbage-in, garbage-out, see if you are fine with the following...(audio not fixed, just the video)
    For the audio, I do not know any fix but you may choose to mute/fade-out the problem parts(extract the audio stream and load into Audacity for the editing.)
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by jcool26 View Post
    How do I solve the stuttering in the audio? Thats the only problem I have with this video.I would greatly appreciate the help
    Use a different player. Set your player up properly.
    Quote Quote