VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I usually get very big file sizes, I converted a 9 MB clip to 60fps using Framerateconverte in Hybrid avisynth tools which turned into 560 mb, it was a 360p video with limit of bitrate upto 50000 changed 2pass to 1 pass)

And without converting it to 60 fps it turned to 50mb without changing anything and keeping default settings I only made it 1pass instead of 2 pass (it's still big!)

I mainly use 264 encoding I tested bunch of others sizes were still big
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Ninjarakony View Post
    I usually get very big file sizes, I converted a 9 MB clip to 60fps using Framerateconverte in Hybrid avisynth tools which turned into 560 mb, it was a 360p video with limit of bitrate upto 50000 changed 2pass to 1 pass)

And without converting it to 60 fps it turned to 50mb without changing anything and keeping default settings I only made it 1pass instead of 2 pass (it's still big!)

You have to set a CRF (quality setting) or explicit bitrate on the x264 tab "encoding mode"
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Originally Posted by Ninjarakony View Post
    I usually get very big file sizes, I converted a 9 MB clip to 60fps using Framerateconverte in Hybrid avisynth tools which turned into 560 mb, it was a 360p video with limit of bitrate upto 50000 changed 2pass to 1 pass)

You have to set a CRF (quality setting) or explicit bitrate on the x264 tab "encoding mode"
    Thanks that helped very much! Reducing the size to doubling instead of being 10~40 times bigger!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Basically:

Code:
    file size = bitrate * running time
    So if you want a new video that's the same size as your source use the same bitrate. If you want a file that's twice as big as your source use twice the bitrate. Etc.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Basically:

Code:
    So if you want a new video that's the same size as your source use the same bitrate. If you want a file that's twice as big as your source use twice the bitrate. Etc.
    Yeah I figured that out after messing with settings for a while, but sometimes quality gets affected too much, I will try finding a sweetspot for each quality.
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Ninjarakony View Post
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Basically:

Code:
    Yeah I figured that out after messing with settings for a while, but sometimes quality gets affected too much, I will try finding a sweetspot for each quality.
    Thanks
    That is why constant quality (CRF) encoding was invented. With constant quality encoding you get the quality you specify but you don't know how big the file is going to be. With bitrate based encoding you know how big the file is going to be but you don't know the quality.
    Quote Quote