VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Cheers Syco54645 I will give it a go when I get home from work.
    I was messing with an .avi last night and noticed that Cyberlinks “Power Producer” has an option to create a AVCHD disk. Well bugger me if it doesn’t load a .m2ts file ReMuxed with TsRemuXer! Click burn and off it goes, seemed to get to 50% pretty quick then slowed right down so I left it running and visited the pub. When I got home it was still running and showing 64% complete. I burped at it, switched off the monitor and went to bed. This morning it was still at 64% boooooooo. Rebooted the machine and tried the procedure a second time just to make sure. I will post the result when I return from work.
    Genii nor fools may work without tools!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No joy ;-( Power producer failled!
    However I have used NeroVision 5 to produce a AVCHD DVD fron a TsMuxeR .ts file, plays just fine using PowerDVD8Ultra, took about 4 hours mind!
    I will see how it runs in the old BD-p1500 when i visit the parents next........
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    you need to convert the thing with ripbot. select blu-ray, tell it 2pass, lock to the size that you want (either dvd5 or dvd9 i assume) and change it to be 720p (hit properties next to 2pass option. it is in there). The use my method.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    OK I am just about to try out your method with the ripbot and leer job.
    What is the version UD is that with the Leer_.zip? v1.0?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Robertiebert
    OK I am just about to try out your method with the ripbot and leer job.
    What is the version UD is that with the Leer_.zip? v1.0?
    huh?
    udf 2.5 if that is what you meant.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What is the version UD is that with the Leer_.zip? v1.0?[/quote]
    huh?
    udf 2.5 if that is what you meant.[/quote]

Update V1.0?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yea I can confirm that this works fine on the BD-p1500.
    Also Nero Vision 5 AVCHD works great but will reencode everytime!
    Gonna try a TsMuxeR to bluray then apply your method now to see if that yeilds any fruits! Thanx for the help!
    Quote Quote  
  8. NeroVision works perfectly, but the only problem is that it's SOOOOOO SLOW!

I've tried converting a .mkv video to use an H.264 Codec using Xilisoft HD Video Converter, then using RipBot to make it into a AVCHD disc, but that doesn't play on my drive.

Syco54645, could you explain your method a little better?

Now here comes the fun part. Go to your AVCHD compliant disc and copy the folders CLIPINF, STREAM, and PLAYLIST to the avchd_leer
    Copy over all of the folders
    so pretty much copy all the folders over? it's just replacing everything then to make the same thing.......
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poopdedoop
    NeroVision works perfectly, but the only problem is that it's SOOOOOO SLOW!

I've tried converting a .mkv video to use an H.264 Codec using Xilisoft HD Video Converter, then using RipBot to make it into a AVCHD disc, but that doesn't play on my drive.

Syco54645, could you explain your method a little better?

Now here comes the fun part. Go to your AVCHD compliant disc and copy the folders CLIPINF, STREAM, and PLAYLIST to the avchd_leer
    Copy over all of the folders
    so pretty much copy all the folders over? it's just replacing everything then to make the same thing.......

Ok, use TsMuxer to create a "BluRay" disk file structure from your .mkv, then copy the required folders from it into your "AVCHD" (leer) disk file structure overwriting when it asks. Now burn the folder structure to DVD-r using (well i use Nero Burning Rom) whick ever burning software you like. It will have to be burt as a UDF dvd rom disk with a setting of 2.50!

Quote Quote  
  10. oh okay i was doing it wrong i think. I will try that now. and let you know if it works.....
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Wow! Excellent thread. After reading it I got from zero knowledge TO playing a converted (mkv -> BluRay) in my samsumg BD-P1500

Special thanks to:
    -Syco54645 (<-- OMG thanks for the link to your site with the BDMV folder because I have updated the firmware and was getting no where!)

-Robertiebert (Excellent troubleshooting!)

-bobotheclown (<-- the most experienced )

The only problem I have now though.. the mkv I converted (using tsMuxerGUI and ImgBurn) plays on the BD-P1500 but it is really pixelated and jumpy. The m2ts on the disc I burnt plays fine with VLC on my PC, but the samsung has issues I've even tried slowing the burn rate down to 4X, but it still happens.. I'm using TDK DVD-R disc.

You reckon it might be the disc type?

I've only tried one mkv so far though (http://www.mininova.org/tor/2008582 <- Short Pixar animation)

Any help is appreciated!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well first thing I would do is (if you haven’t already) is get Mediainfo and check the .mkv with it.
    The resolution MUST be 720x1280 OR 1080x1920 and the frames per second 23.976 in order to be blue ray compliant.
    If these are anything else then things get a little more complicated or time consuming (or both).
    In that situation I would use NeroVision 5 (produces disk as well) or Ripbot which just re encodes the video I think. Both work anyway but typically take 4 hours on a quad core machine.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Robertiebert
    Well first thing I would do is (if you haven’t already) is get Mediainfo and check the .mkv with it.
    The resolution MUST be 720x1280 OR 1080x1920 and the frames per second 23.976 in order to be blue ray compliant.
    If these are anything else then things get a little more complicated or time consuming (or both).
    In that situation I would use NeroVision 5 (produces disk as well) or Ripbot which just re encodes the video I think. Both work anyway but typically take 4 hours on a quad core machine.
    Cheers for the reply Robert. The mediainfo is handy. I got the following information:

Video
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L4.1
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, ReFrames : 8 frames
    Muxing mode : Container profile=Unknown@4.1
    Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
    Duration : 5mn 15s
    Bit rate : 7 168 Kbps
    Nominal bit rate : 7 500 Kbps
    Width : 1 920 pixels
    Height : 1 080 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16/9
    Frame rate : 23.976 fps
    Resolution : 24 bits
    Colorimetry : 4:2:0
    Scan type : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.144
    Writing library : x264 core 65 r1024M 2652abe
    Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=8 / deblock=1:-3:-3 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=umh / subme=9 / psy_rd=0.9:0.0 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=24 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=0 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=18,10 / chroma_qp_offset=0 / threads=3 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / mbaff=0 / bframes=6 / b_pyramid=1 / b_adapt=2 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / wpredb=1 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40(pre) / rc=2pass / bitrate=7500 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=9 / qpmax=19 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / ip_ratio=1.40 / pb_ratio=1.30 / aq=1:0.80
    Language : English

Looks like the mkv is ok

I will have to try the other "slow" method.

Cheers

P.s I might also try another mkv file.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    To my post above.. I tried another mkv and it works sweet as! You guys rule!
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Or 12 hours on a dual core...
    Quote Quote  
  16. Since upgrading firmware on bd-p1500 to I have been having problems playing bd-rd on dvd+r. I haven't been able to try it yet but the below info seems to work for bd-p2500.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=144399

Sorry for the confusion. Yes I am using DVD+R disks writing BD-RD (aka, BD REBUILDER) data.

BREAK THROUGH!!!
    I have successfully played DVDs on my SAMSUNG BD-P2500 (f/w vers 2.4) player. Output from BD-RB, tsMuxeR, or ripbot, all work. I just had to delete the empty \BDMV\AUXDATA folder and it works! It does take about 80 seconds from the time disk is inserted until it plays, but it plays!!!

In addition I found I could delete all the empty FOLDERS hilighted below and it still played.

\BDMV
    \BDMV\index.bdmv
    \BDMV\MovieObject.bdmv

\BDMV\AUXDATA

\BDMV\BACKUP
    \BDMV\BACKUP\index.bdmv
    \BDMV\BACKUP\MovieObject.bdmv
    \BDMV\BACKUP\BDJO
    \BDMV\BACKUP\CLIPINF
    \BDMV\BACKUP\CLIPINF\00001.clpi
    \BDMV\BACKUP\PLAYLIST
    \BDMV\BACKUP\PLAYLIST\00000.mpls

\BDMV\BDJO

\BDMV\CLIPINF
    \BDMV\CLIPINF\00001.clpi

\BDMV\JAR

\BDMV\META

\BDMV\PLAYLIST
    \BDMV\PLAYLIST\00000.mpls

\BDMV\STREAM
    \BDMV\STREAM\00001.m2ts

\CERTIFICATE
    \CERTIFICATE\BACKUP
    Quote Quote  
  17. Some Info:

I just burned a full backup (complete movie with menus and extras) with BD-Rebuilder, a BD-9(DVD-9). Actually I burned two of the same movie, one with the AUXDATA folder and one without. The Samsung BD-P1500 would play the BD-9 without the AUXDATA folder but not the other BD-9 with AUXDATA folder. The menus, extras, and movie play perfect.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Call me a luddite but I never let my computer anywhere near my camcorder, so can't download any software to get my Samsung BDP-1500 to read AVCHD discs. Call me naive but I simply invested in a Sony VRD-MC5 DVD recorder and hooked it up to my hi-def camcorder. (You just press 'disk burn' and it writes an AVCHD disc.) Now the samsung freaks out when I put the finalised disc in its drive (laser goes into spasm and it's a struggle to even get it to eject). Now do I have to buy a Sony blu-ray machine just to get it to read a Sony-burned AVCHD disc? Oh brother...
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    Have you tried mkv2vob?...........simple, select output format(in this case "AVCHD-disc") and burn BDMV+CERTIFICATE folder to the root of your DVD/BD-r, set burning software to "UDF 2.50, burn and play.
    Quote Quote