VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi Folks,

So this is what is going on. I just got the dvd200i as a gift, and the first thing I did was try to burn some transformers episodes from my hard drive to dvd. That was taking too long so I thought I'd just make a vcd instead. It burned pretty quickly but when I loaded the vcd onto my dvd player the video and audio were out of sync (it also does the same thing on my pc). I thought it was a problem with my sound card so I bought a new one (From onboard audio codec to Soundblaster 512) but that didn't change anything. So I decided to play both the .avi file I have on my hard drive and the vcd at the same time and figured out that on some parts of the vcd the video speeds up and plays faster than normal. Is this a problem with the file conversion from mydvd or something else? Any help would be much appreciated.

~Dan
    What would YOU do for a klondike bar?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Sound indeed like MyVD is re-encoding your mpegs. You should be able to tell if it is as a message is displayed when adding files to MyDVD.

MyDVD is crap and I suggest you replace it with someting better like ulead's DVD Workshop.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I downloaded Uleads movie factory or whatever it's called but it would not re-encode my .avi files. Is some other software Ulead writes that can?
    Thanks for the reply.
    What would YOU do for a klondike bar?
    Quote Quote