VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    first time i have ever had this problem
    its not the size as its 900mb and i have tv show files on there over 90gig!
    i usually go to my hard drive find the file i want and drag and drop to external hard drive
    this one movie just wont move
    it plays fine on the computer but i want it on hard drive to use WD media player
    any ways around this? will feel stupid if its something simple but like i said never encountered this before
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Just basic, but have you rebooted and tried it again? I wondering if some software is trying to use the file and preventing the transfer.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    sounds stupid but i only reboot/turn my laptop off once every few days as 50% of the time the screen doesnt come back on when turning it back. have to let it sit there for hours till out of no where the screen will come back on and i can use it again.
    but yeah i should try rebooting tho cant see why any other software would be using it.
    when i try to move it, it doesnt stop me, what it does is instead of saying for example tranferring file 11min to go it just says copying file but nothing happens
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try the free program ... Unlocker 1.89 ... there are newer versions but version 1.90 wants to push advertisements
    Quote Quote  
  5. Are you trying to move or copy the video file? If you're trying to move, try copying instead.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    copying
    it has now worked after turning off computer
    weird as it wasnt opened in any other program
    Quote Quote