VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search PM
    Hi There!

I am going to subtitle a dcp for the very first time. I have absolutely no idea of how to do this. I have a moderate capacity computer (windows vista). I figured creating the srt or ass subtitle file with aegisub first and then converting the subtitle file to xml (dcp compatible format. So my questions are:

- Is there any windows vista 32 gb compatible freeware for converting srt or ass to xml?

- Is there any windows vista 32 gb compatible freeware for creating the xml file directly and then add it to the dcp?

- Are there any tutorials out there for such freeware?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx
    Quote Quote  
  2. XML is a standard for creating standards. So saying you want to save as XML is rather meaningless. You need to specify which XML subtitle format you want. Subtitle Edit has several XML export options.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Thank you jagabo for the clarification,

I am completely new in this xml/dcp thing so I am at the very beggining of the learning stage. I downloaded the freeware you recommended. I'll check it out and see how it works out and how I get around using it.

Thank you
    Quote Quote  
  4. I forgot that you mentioned DCP. I guess you mean Digital Cinema Package. I saw that Subtitle Edit had a few D-Cinema formats -- maybe that's what you want.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Yup. That's what I meant. I have this dcp short-film for which I have to translate and subtitle the dialogues. I have never done that before for a dcp film so there are many questions I need to ask.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi there,
    I'm going to create a subtitle for a DCP movie myself, so I was wondering, what was your experience?

Best
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    None. Finally someone else did it for me so I still have no idea on how to do that. Sorry. All the best.
    Quote Quote