VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've tried both the change FPS and Resample FPS filters (also changed the Video Output from Copy) and it's still the same length. I want the video to be slower so that the length increases by a few seconds.

Can Avidemux handle this or should I look to something else?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I don't use AviDemux and I'm sure someone that does will come along to answer your question.

But it's a simple matter to slow a video by changing the framerate using AviSynth. For example, if the video is 23.976fps, by adding the line:

AssumeFPS(20)

to the script, the video is slowed to 20fps. And depending on the type of video, you can do it in other ways without even reencoding the video (AviSynth requires reencoding).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    I don't use AviDemux and I'm sure someone that does will come along to answer your question.

But it's a simple matter to slow a video by changing the framerate using AviSynth. For example, if the video is 23.976fps, by adding the line:

AssumeFPS(20)

to the script, the video is slowed to 20fps. And depending on the type of video, you can do it in other ways without even reencoding the video (AviSynth requires reencoding).
    I downloaded AviSynth but I don't know how to open it or how to add that line.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Avisynth is not an application you open. It runs in the background as a frameserver and it's actions are controlled
    by a script which can be opened by any app that accepts these scripts, such as ripbot264, virtualdub filtermod and many more

I tried avidemux and it slows down the video just fine. I loaded a short PAL clip (25 fps) and set "copy" to mpeg4 AVC,
    set video/configure to general tab/basic/very fast, and added the filter Change FPS and set destination frame rate to 23.96

For audio I chose aac, and under filter I chose frame rate change Pal To Film

Successfully created an NTSC frame rate (film) conversion
    Quote Quote  
  5. Those settings in avidemux worked, thanks!
    Quote Quote