VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello everyone,

I'm attempting to make a simple DVD menu that could consist of title screen with a "Play all" over an image of VHS tapes. I would like to have each of the VHS tapes to be a selectable item to play that particular video. What research I've done seems to be pointing me to using DVD Lab Pro; however, many of the tutorials are very old and not in English (I'm the typical monolingual American LOL!) If there are resources out there, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

Brian
    South Carolina USA
    Quote Quote  
  2. Free or paid?
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  3. Version of DVD Lab? Free right now...but if I need to purchase the software I will. Sorry for the confusion.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I don't know what your skills in authoring DVDs are, so not sure how detailed of a help you need but the basic principle is the following.

The PLAY ALL button links to a command sequence which first writes a value we can recognize, say 1234, in a GPRM.
    We use this to store the viewer's choice of playing all features. If this is any other value, it means we are in "play only selected feature then return to menu" mode. Then, secondly this command sequence jumps to the first title.

The end action of all titles needs to be a command sequence (one for each, is easier) which checks the value of our "PLAY ALL GPRM". If it is 1234, it jumps to the next title. If it is not 1234 it jumps to the menu.

Any jump to the menu needs to reset the PLAY ALL GPRM (!=1234), just like the command sequence of the end action of the last title should.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by briwillis View Post
    Hello everyone,

I'm attempting to make a simple DVD menu that could consist of title screen with a "Play all" over an image of VHS tapes. I would like to have each of the VHS tapes to be a selectable item to play that particular video. What research I've done seems to be pointing me to using DVD Lab Pro; however, many of the tutorials are very old and not in English (I'm the typical monolingual American LOL!) If there are resources out there, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

Brian
    South Carolina USA
    I don't use DVD Lab Pro but have used other DVD authoring software. In addition to the "Play All" button, which plays all the movies in sequence when it is selected, each one of the VHS tapes must also be defined as a button that causes that particular movie to play when it is selected. None of the highlights/active areas defined for any of the buttons may overlap the highlight/active area for another button.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote