VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi everyone!

Here's my first attempt at creating a youtube video downloader, i know there's loads of them but not quite as this one, i don't have any coding skills but i remembered back in the Sinclair ZX Spectrum days i created a simple program with Basic, very simple thing and i wondered if i could make the same nowadays with a simple windows script.

Youtube Pick n' Mix is portable, works on Windows x86 and x64, can update itself (youtube-dl), you can specify if you want to download just audio or video streams, or you can choose to pick any video format and mux it with any available audio streams (for whatever reason) using ffmpeg.

When the script ask for video/audio "codes" look at the youtube-dl results and at the codes on the left, here's an example:

[Attachment 53229 - Click to enlarge]

I know its not perfect but i hope it helps someone, im not an expert on which licenses and credits i need to use for this etc but the tools used and links are displayed when starting up the script.

The only "big problem" is that if you download for example a webm video and try to download it again at at different resolution it wont save the second one, it doesnt overwrite it, if you want to download the same video again with different audio stream the first downloaded video needs to be renamed or moved from the program folder.

Win 32bit:
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/98565/Youtube%20PickandMix-Win32.zip

Win 64bit:
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/98565/Youtube%20PickandMix_Win64.zip

version 0.2
    fixed wording and missing ffmpeg credits

version 0.1
    initial release
    Last edited by ricardouk; 10th May 2020 at 14:11.
    I love it when a plan comes together!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi, tried it but didn't understand how to use. Help me, please. Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, can you explain what went wrong? This was an "experiment" only meant for youtube altough youtube-dl supports other video sites, just copy the youtube url and paste when the script asks for it and then follow the instructions... it's a portable/updatable/batch script without any GUI.
    I love it when a plan comes together!
    Quote Quote