VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, are there anyone in this forum can help me with the xml code?
    I had sucessfuly made a still picture VCD with menu by using VCDEasy by following the Easy Guide from Chivi, the result is very good, the picture is as bright as DVD.
    After viewing, I found out it is a bit dull viewing the picture without any audio backsound and then I tried to put an Audio as my backsound by following the guide from Mikk which is doing some xml coding.
    I managed to get the Audio sound but the sound is not smooth, it is On and Off all the way. Can anyone guide me how to solve this problem?
    Thank You.

The extract of the xml code is as follows:
    -----------------------------------------------
    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    VideoCD//EN" "http://www.gnu.org/software/vcdimager/videocd.dtd">
    <videocd xmlns="http://www.gnu.org/software/vcdimager/1.0/" class="vcd" version="2.0">
    <option name="relaxed aps" value="false"/>
    <info> ... </info>
    <pvd> ... </pvd>

---------------------------------------
    COMMENT: THIS XML CODE HAS BEEN EXTRACTED
    ---------------------------------------
    The still image is the file MMn.mpg (MAIN MENU).
    The AUDIO is AS05.mmd (for MAIN MENU) and AS06.mmd (for MENU-1).
    In the segment-items section of the file, they are listed and given an id.
    In the pbc section of the file, the still (MAIN MENU) is displayed, then the music is played. I set it to infinite loop until one of the menu is chosen.
    The selection-001,017,040 and selection-069 are id codes for other things (my chapter menu and the still picture)
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    MY EXPECTATION ARE:
    1. MAIN MENU AUDIO will be on forever until the menu chosen
    2. Once the menu chosen (in this case Menu-1) then MENU-1 AUDIO is on until it finish displaying all the still picture.
    3. MAIN MENU AUDIO will on again, when it return to Main Menu. See Selection-id="Selection-016") the next ref and time-out ref is back to MainMenu.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

<segment-items>
    <segment-item src="C:\...\MMn.mpg" id="Segment-0001"/>
    <segment-item src="C:\...\AS05.mmd" id="Segment-AS05"/>
    <segment-item src="C:\...\AS06.mmd" id="Segment-AS06"/>
    <segment-item src="C:\...\DSCF0001.mpg" id="Segment-0002"/>
    <segment-item src="C:\...\DSCF0016.mpg" id="Segment-0017"/>
    <segment-item src="C:\...\DSCF0017.mpg" id="Segment-0018"/>
    <segment-item src="C:\...\DSCF0041.mpg" id="Segment-0040"/>
    <segment-item src="C:\...\DSCF0042.mpg" id="Segment-0041"/>
    <segment-item src="C:\...\DSCF0078.mpg" id="Segment-0069"/>
    <segment-item src="C:\...\DSCF0079.mpg" id="Segment-0070"/>
    <segment-item src="C:\...\DSCF0164.mpg" id="Segment-0126"/>
    </segment-items>

<sequence-items>
    <sequence-item src="C:\Program Files\VCDEasy\Extra\PhotoVCD2-PAL.mpg" id="Sequence-0127">
    <default-entry id="Chapter-0127-01"/>
    </sequence-item>
    </sequence-items>

<pbc>
    <selection id="Selection-000">
    <bsn>1</bsn>
    <prev ref="Selection-end"/>
    <next ref="Selection-126"/>
    <return ref="Selection-end"/>
    <timeout ref="Selection-126"/>
    <wait>0</wait>
    <loop jump-timing="immediate">1</loop>
    <play-item ref="Segment-0001"/>
    <select ref="Selection-001"/>
    <select ref="Selection-017"/>
    <select ref="Selection-040"/>
    <select ref="Selection-069"/>
    </selection>

<selection id="Selection-126">
    <bsn>1</bsn>
    <next ref="Selection-001"/>
    <wait>-1</wait>
    <play-item ref="Segment-AS05"/>
    </selection>

<selection id="Selection-001">
    <bsn>1</bsn>
    <prev ref="Selection-000"/>
    <next ref="Selection-127"/>
    <timeout ref="Selection-127"/>
    <wait>0</wait>
    <play-item ref="Segment-0002"/>
    </selection>

<selection id="Selection-127">
    <bsn>1</bsn>
    <next ref="Selection-002"/>
    <timeout ref="Selection-002"/>
    <wait>8</wait>
    <play-item ref="Segment-AS06"/>
    </selection>
    <selection id="Selection-016">
    <bsn>1</bsn>
    <prev ref="Selection-015"/>
    <next ref="Selection-000"/>
    <timeout ref="Selection-000"/>
    <wait>8</wait>
    <play-item ref="Segment-0017"/>
    <select ref="Selection-016"/>
    </selection>

<selection id="Selection-017"> ... </selection>
    <selection id="Selection-040"> ... </selection>
    <selection id="Selection-069"> ... </selection>

<endlist id="Selection-end" rejected="true"/>
    </pbc>
    </videocd>

[/b][/list]
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Audio is playing as long as you don't leave the play item by selection or timeout.
    Set that 8 s timeout to 0. The audio track determines the display length. Increase the loop jump-timing to repeat the sound.

You only can combine 1 still picture with 1 audio segment!
    If you want a slide show with 100 stills and 1 smooth audio background - no way.
    Then you have to generate a multiplexed video stream - but with low 352x288 (PAL) resolution. Avisynth script needed to feed 25 still pics/s.

Script can be simplyfied at still segments:
    <pbc>
    <selection id="Selection-000">
    <timeout ref="Selection-126"/>
    <wait>0</wait>
    <play-item ref="Segment-0001"/>
    </selection>

<selection id="Selection-126">
    <bsn>1</bsn>
    <next ref="Selection-001"/>
    <wait>-1</wait>
    <loop jump-timing="immediate">127</loop>
    <play-item ref="Segment-AS05"/>
    </selection>

<selection id="Selection-001">
    <timeout ref="Selection-127"/>
    <wait>0</wait>
    <play-item ref="Segment-0002"/>
    </selection>

<selection id="Selection-127">
    <bsn>1</bsn>
    <next ref="Selection-002"/>
    <timeout ref="Selection-002"/>
    <wait>-1</wait>
    <loop jump-timing="immediate">127</loop>
    <play-item ref="Segment-AS06"/>
    <select ref="Selection-002/>
    <select ref="Selection-003/>
    </selection>
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Slide shows VCDs with alternating MPEG-stills and Audio-only MPEG-files are played by the most DVD-player with a short interupt of the sound when a new image is loaded. To avoid this problem I developed a method which allows high resolution picture shows with a minimum file size (similar file size as with the method you tried). Therefore refer my guide.

Jürgen
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In MovieXOne, what do the buttons Abbrechen and Hilfe mean? Cancel and Apply!? (my first guess...) Looks like this program is not free anymore as I search various sites.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hi there,
    It is true that MovieXOne is not free anymore.
    Is there any other free software works like MovieXOne?
    I cannot wait to try your guide Jurgen.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

Even if I set MovieXone to English language, Windows put some german expressions in the buttons: 'Abbrechen' means Cancel and 'Hilfe' means 'Help'.
    Regarding the status of MovieXone I'am not 100% sure. I downloaded the program version 4.0 as freeware from www.aist.com last year. This site is at the moment empty. I read in the internet that starting with this year MovieXone is not free any more. But I do not know if this applies also to the old (origin freeware) version or only to the actual version 4.5.
    I found on internet a page (http://www.pctip.ch/downloads/dl/17734.asp) where you can download Version 1.0, 4.0 and 4.5. For Version 4.5 you need a serial number from aist and I guess you have to pay for it. The older versions seem to have no restrictions.
    I personally have not tested an alternative program for the generation of the AVI-files.

Jürgen
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In addition to your guide, Jürgen.
    After finishing you should patch the mpg file to a still/audio stream.
    Search the hex string 01 E0 09 or 01 E0 05 and replace it by 01 E1 09 or 01 E1 05.

Look at my thread on dvd-svcd-forum.de
    http://www.dvd-svcd-forum.de/phorum/ikonboard.cgi?s=fb12219c2fffea27e0473e219a390102;a...T;f=12;t=12255[/url]
    Quote Quote  
  8. Guest
    Originally Posted by fz1
    In addition to your guide, Jürgen.
    Search the hex string 01 E0 09 or 01 E0 05 and replace it by 01 E1 09 or 01 E1 05.
    I have made a program that automatically changes that. If any one interestead, you know how to reach me
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by fz1
    I have tested this method to generate a still mpeg-stream with audio. But I recognized that after the fourth or fiveth image the still image is not displayed correct any more. I have the feeling that one mpeg-stream with several still images inside causes problems during playback. So I recommend not this patch.

Jürgen
    Quote Quote  
  10. Guest
    Originally Posted by JürgenMUC
    I have tested this method to generate a still mpeg-stream with audio. But I recognized that after the fourth or fiveth image the still image is not displayed correct any more. I have the feeling that one mpeg-stream with several still images inside causes problems during playback. So I recommend not this patch.
    Jürgen
    Have you tried my method? Did it work for you?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Hi Guys,
    Thanks for your help.
    I downloaded MovieXOne from the url given by Jurgen and it is still freeware.
    I already tried MovieXOne by following guide from Jurgen and I could managed to have audio with my still image but the audio is always stop when the image changes and the audio continue again after that.
    But what Jurgen encountered that after the fourth or fifth image the still image is not displayed correctly did not happen in my case.
    Anyway I have not tried the suggestion from FZ nor mpegobsession to patch the mpg file, 'cause I don't know how to do it.
    Will it solve my problem?
    Much appreciate if mpegobsession allow me to share his program to do the patching.
    Thanks again guys.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello hmcom,

I guess that you have bad luck with your DVD-player if the sound is interrupted during the change of images. The problem which I described (between forth and fifth imagee) is only true if you convert the mpeg video stream into a mpeg still image stream as described by fz1.
    The tool from MPEGobsession works only correct if you modify the generation of the mpeg-file: Instead of generating the video system stream at once as described within my guide you have to generate an elementary video stream and an elementary audio stream first. Afterwards you have to multiplex these elementary streams to the mpeg system stream. Eventually you have also to add a second low resolution video stream as described in the tool from MPEGObsession. Then the convertion works fine and I had no problems during playback. But I have doubts if this methods is really solving your problem of the interupted sound during picture change. I guess that your problem is caused due to a too small internal buffer of your DVD-player. May be you should try it with a lower maximum bitrate e.g. max. 2500 KBit/s instead of 3500 KBit/s.

Jürgen
    Quote Quote  
  13. Hi Jurgen,
    I try it again as your guide and this time worked perfectly on my WinDVD, maybe I did not correctly follow your guide on my 1st attempt hence it didn't work perfectly.
    Why I cannot playback correctly by using VCD 2.0 player? I guess it should be able, since the file created by using VCDEasy is VCD 2.0 format.
    I have more question on MovieXOne, if you don't mind to explain it to me. In the help file, it says that the Audio will automatically synchronize with the video, but I figure out it did not synch very nicely, the changes time for each frame is not proportional 'cause of the MovieXOne auto synch. Any idea how to fix this matter?
    Is MovieXOne provide more transition for the S/W which can be downloaded? currently it only came with one transition.
    Also I'd like to let you know that I am able to playback the converted MPEG file from MovieXOne AVI file created from TMPGenc by using Windows Media Player Version 9 or WinDVD version 4.0.
    Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi hmcom,

my guide was created for the usage at DVD-Player. If you use VCD2.0 player then I would first suggest to reduce the image size to 704x576 pixel instead of 720x576. Further I would recommend the program from MPEGObsession to convert the mpeg-stream into still-picture stream. In contradiction to my further statement it is only necessary to set the system stream type to 'MPEG1-Video-CD (non standard)' to use the program from MPEGObsession. Therefore you should not use TMPGEnc 2.59 because this option has an error in this version (that was my main problem).
    I used MovieXone only for this kind of slideshows where no high precision is required for audio. But you should consider that you do not know the exact behavior of all DVD or VCD 2.0-player regarding still images. I watched very different loading time for pictures by different players. So I guess that it is not really possible in practice to achieve a 100% synchronized sound for a slide show.
    You can have more transitions if you register at aist or you can easily create your own transition. But due to the very low frame rate as I proposed in my guide this will not work with my described methodology.
    Regarding your success for playback software on PC I think I have to update my playback software. I recognized that this topic depends on the size of the VBV buffer.

Jürgen
    Quote Quote