VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I got in a deal at staples a month back for 5 10 packs of Verbatim DVD+r's
    5- 10pks -r's

and 3 lightscribe.

These were in little boes and looked good for the $2.50 price. How is this media? Can i burn movies at 16x with my nec-3540a???? I mean whats the difference in burn speed? Will the discs skip? I ise my xbox to play them
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Verbatim is very good media as a rule. Your 3540 will burn these @ 16X no problem, assuming the rest of your computer can get the data to the burner fast enough(ie fastish comp.). I have some 16X +R Verbs, and my 3520 will spin them off at the rated speed, as will my Plextor 716, about 6min per disc. HOWEVER, a lot of drives firmware need to be updated to get a really good burn reguarding PI/PO scans. My stand alone players will play them excellently, but they do not give as nice a error scan as 8X burnt media. I personally think this will be fixed with future firmware releases. I usually just burn all my media at 8X, with excellent results. When 16X becomes the exact science 8X has become, I'll switch to that.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Grain
    becomes the exact science 8X has become, I'll switch to that.
    I don't think anything regarding burning will ever be an "exact science". You'll just get less chaotical results. Even good media has it's bad days.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  4. Awesome. Just wondering.

I mean if the movie plays and i can also rip it at later times great. This stuff says optimized for 16x. Just dont want to have bad results and movie or game skip halfway through.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Perhaps "exact science" was strong language, however burning at 8X is now extremely reliable, and I fully expect 16X to be there shortly also.
    Quote Quote