VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search PM
    Hello!

I'd like to rip this DVD, Will you help me, guys? Thanks in advance!
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. If you have unencrypted MPEG video you've already "ripped" the disc. Are you asking how to compress it? It's progressive video, it doesn't need any deinterlacing or other special handling. Use any encoder/codec you want.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    If you have unencrypted MPEG video you've already "ripped" the disc. Are you asking how to compress it? It's progressive video, it doesn't need any deinterlacing or other special handling. Use any encoder/codec you want.
    Yes, I'd like to compress it but i don't know how to remove the green lines on the both sides.
    Quote Quote  
  4. The easiest way to get rid of those green lines is to crop away that edge of the frame. Handbrake lets you manually specify cropping. To get rid of the them while keeping the picture is much harder. It will require some advanced filtering.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Here's a cheap trick using AviSynth. The chroma of the green lines is replaced with the chroma above them:

Code:
    Mpeg2Source("C:\Users\John\Downloads\Demuxed sample.d2v", CPU2="ooooxx", InfMpeg2Source("C:\Users\John\Downloads\Demuxed sample.d2v", CPU2="ooooxx", Info=3) 
    src = last

v2 = Crop(0,0,-0,-2).AddBorders(0,2,0,0) # a second copy of the video shifted down by two lines

umask = UtoY().mt_binarize(20, upper=true).PointResize(width, height) # a mask based on the U channel

MergeChroma(src, Overlay(src, v2, mask=umask)) # overlay the chroma of the shifted video wherever the green lines are
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    The easiest way to get rid of those green lines is to crop away that edge of the frame. Handbrake lets you manually specify cropping. To get rid of the them while keeping the picture is much harder. It will require some advanced filtering.
    Thank you! I use x264 encoder, if possible would you kindly suggest some advanced filters?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Here's a cheap trick using AviSynth. The chroma of the green lines is replaced with the chroma above them:

Code:
    Mpeg2Source("C:\Users\John\Downloads\Demuxed sample.d2v", CPU2="ooooxx", InfMpeg2Source("C:\Users\John\Downloads\Demuxed sample.d2v", CPU2="ooooxx", Info=3) 
    src = last

v2 = Crop(0,0,-0,-2).AddBorders(0,2,0,0) # a second copy of the video shifted down by two lines

umask = UtoY().mt_binarize(20, upper=true).PointResize(width, height) # a mask based on the U channel

MergeChroma(src, Overlay(src, v2, mask=umask)) # overlay the chroma of the shifted video wherever the green lines are
    Much appreciated!
    Quote Quote