VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

I've been looking for this for years, but still no solution. All I want is to losslessly edit a film I've ripped from one of my Blu-rays.
    I know that theoretically Avidemux and SolveigMM Video Splitter can do this. However, when I try to import an M2TS, both programs freeze. I tried with different versions, different computers, always the same.

What I've figured out so far is that the problem might have to do something with the audio inside the M2TS.
    When I first imported the M2TS to Video Splitter, the program did not crash, but there was no audio. After a google search I found an article from SolveigMM stating that I need audio codec to be installed. I didn't quite understand that because I already had AC3 and DTS decoders installed. Anyway, I did what they asked, i.e. install this codec, and after doing so, Video Splitter just froze when importing the M2TS.

Any suggestions to fix the problem or a recommendation for a more stable program which can losslessly edit M2TS?

Thanks,
    SH
    "The age-old success of the ideologists of the State is perhaps the most
    gigantic hoax in the history of mankind" --- Murray N. Rothbard
    Quote Quote  
  2. remux to mkv before editing, edit, remux to m2ts afterwards
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  3. That's what I've also tried: Avidemux still crashes or says "can't open file", Video Splitter opens the file correctly, but working with it is almost impossible because it soon crashes after doing some editing work.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Are you sure the file is okay that you feed to avidemux? Never heard that it crashed on mkv input.
    users currently on my ignore list: deadrats, Stears555
    Quote Quote  
  5. Yes, the file was OK. But I was right, the audio was the problem. On my first try that failed I had DD TrueHD. On the second try I used the lossy DD track, then it worked.
    Quote Quote