VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi there
    I have just been through the painful experience of having to reinstall everything to my PC. I have now found that Windows 11 won't play ProRes videos properly, with the appearance being that of interference (for want of a better word?). I have tried reinstalling my video drivers, but still not working properly.

Any tips on what is going wrong or what I may have forgot?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by magnu View Post
    Hi there
    I have just been through the painful experience of having to reinstall everything to my PC. I have now found that Windows 11 won't play ProRes videos properly, with the appearance being that of interference (for want of a better word?). I have tried reinstalling my video drivers, but still not working properly.

Any tips on what is going wrong or what I may have forgot?
    Yes - you forgot to mention in your post what apps have you tried and what codecs you installed
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have quite a few apps on my PC that I have tried and have now noticed that the only thing that is not playing ProRes properly is VLC.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by magnu View Post
    I have quite a few apps on my PC that I have tried and have now noticed that the only thing that is not playing ProRes properly is VLC.
    go to settings in VLC and change it to OpenGL - https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/can-t-playback-apple-prores-fi...0/m-p/10324737
    Quote Quote