VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. whats peoples opinions on the Blackmagic Design Teranex - im thinking of getting one for my vhs and video transfers or are there better alternatives for my money - i hope lord smurf can have some input on this
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    it's a studio quality live video converter - it doesn't help capture anything.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. i thought of using to help upscale from sd to hd !!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by hdfills View Post
    i thought of using to help upscale from sd to hd !!
    You can do that just as well in software if you don't need it to be realtime.
    Quote Quote  
  5. ok and thank you for your reply - maybe i will just upgrade my capture device then
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    LOL if you have $1700.00 for an upscaler by all means go right ahead, it probably does a good job
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  7. Blackmagic Intensity Pro/Shuttle has this functionality and cost much less. This upscale function it's garbage by the way, there's no options to deinterlace before upscaling it.

If you capture a VHS with upscale on, there will be no way to deinterlace it correctly later. You'll end up with a big image with huge scan lines across the whole screen.

Use avisynth to upscale your stuff.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by amaipaipai View Post
    Blackmagic Intensity Pro/Shuttle has this functionality and cost much less. This upscale function it's garbage by the way, there's no options to deinterlace before upscaling it.

If you capture a VHS with upscale on, there will be no way to deinterlace it correctly later. You'll end up with a big image with huge scan lines across the whole screen.

Use avisynth to upscale your stuff.

thank you for your reply
    Quote Quote