VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Does anyone know if there is a card that will record HD signals in addition to regular analog/regular cable signals? I know for example WinTv-HD will allow you to record HDTV onto your HDD, but I don't believe you can record regular analog signals onto HDD, can only view them on your monitor. (All stations I guess will be going to digital signal in future so this wouldn't matter but that will still be awile and there is onlya few stations avail. now that off HDTV so you can only record off of those stations?)
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ATI is just about to come out with a card called HD Wonder. I understand it has dual tuning capability. Just check it out at www.ati.com
    You create your own reality. Interested in media servers and HTPC? Can we talk?
    Quote Quote  
  3. errrrr record in the same lossless way it can HDtv streams, no but I think many of them will encode on the fly, like a normal plain old TVcard does...

I have a Fusion II and it can save the HDtv streams to the HD... "normal" Analog stations are encoded and saved, same for stuff off cable.. You just pick the settings.. Ya know, as in level, MPG or whatever.. As you can see in the little screen shot of the option screen for recording analog with the card

not really sure how well that works or level it encodes at being to be honest I have never bothered to really mess with that.. Only got the card for HDtv stuff in the first place..

Not really that big of a deal being as I said at the start, HDtv card is still just a TV card in the end, like any other, sep you have an option of getting HDtv signals too..
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just for the record (for the few non Americans reading HDTV subjects)
    In Europe, we can grab direct the HDTV satellite channel "Euro 1080", using all the PCI DVB cards, without built in mpeg decoders. For example, the SkyStar 2 card.
    Quote Quote