VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I have a modded xbox but can't seem to figure out how to play the files from my pc.
    XPMC is installed.
    I have the pc and xbox hooked up direct (no router). The pc is not connected to the net so there is no virus software or firewall running.
    I can't figure out how to access my pc hard drives and get a directory to play the files.

Anyone have any advice...a link to a step by step?

On another note...has anyone used the 360 for this yet? How is is?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by lordhutt
    On another note...has anyone used the 360 for this yet? How is is?
    The 360 has a tab with media center in it, no modding needed. All of your videos on your computer can be streamed to the 360. Works great especially with a media center pc with a tv card, which is basically tivo without the monthly fee.
    Quote Quote  
  3. [quote="starwarrior29The 360 has a tab with media center in it, no modding needed. [/quote]

Does it have the interface to view movies by type, cover art, etc? Same for CDs.
    Thanks
    Roger
    Quote Quote  
  4. It has a view of your folder from your computer with all of the files in it listed that can be sorted by name or date. Currently most wmv and mpeg files are supported, there is a program called transcode 360 that decodes divx from your computer to the 360 on the fly, apple quicktime movies are not playable though and you would have to convert those if you wanted to watch them on the xbox.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You mentioned in your previous post that 'all' video can be streamed to your 360. Now you said that Quicktime cannot. How bout xvid?

I am not concerned about the games...just playing mostly video.

Does anyone have any experience with this unit:
    http://hometheater.about.com/gi/dynamic/offsite.htm?zi=1/XJ&sdn=hometheater&zu=http%3A...ne%2Fx5000.asp
    Quote Quote