VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi, is there anyone who knows how to deal with these NTSC ghosting and interlacing problems? Doesn't seem very usual to me and I uploaded a sample video for reference. Thank you very much
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. Yadif(Mode=1)###or a better bobber such as QTGMC
    SRestore(Frate=23.976)
    Quote Quote  
  3. It's too far gone. I wouldn't bother.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    It's too far gone. I wouldn't bother.
    I'm not sure I agree. If that's all you have then what can you do? Sure, if there were a better source and the film meant something to me then I might spend the money. Otherwise, it plays smoothly (I think) and all that residual blending isn't nearly as noticeable when watching it at full speed, as opposed to going over it frame-by-frame. Sometimes we tend to forget that 'normal' people don't obsess over these things and might not even notice that this source is really bad.

I've 'bothered' over worse many times.

Edit later: Added the 'not'.
    Last edited by manono; 26th Jun 2015 at 23:54.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    It's too far gone. I wouldn't bother.
    I'm not sure I agree. If that's all you have then what can you do? Sure, if there were a better source and the film meant something to me then I might spend the money. Otherwise, it plays smoothly (I think) and all that residual blending isn't nearly as noticeable when watching it at full speed, as opposed to going over it frame-by-frame.
    You may have less blending after QTGMC().SRestore() but the remaining blended frames are seen for two or three times longer. And you get the flicker and judder to 24 fps. Played side by side the original 60 fields per second looks better to me at normal playback speed.
    Quote Quote