VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm starting to go deeper into video editing, and hopefully I'll soon like to work on cartoons. I use Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 for my normal editing. I know a little After Effects.

What Adobe application does Cartoon/Animation? Or is there any alternative professional Software you'd rather use for that? I heard of Ulead GIF animator?? I mean, making animations like The Lion King etc, in WINDOWS 7 (x64).

Thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
  2. The closest you're going to get in Adobe is Flash.
    http://www.adobe.com/products/flash.html

But really you want more specialized software.
    Maya, Poser, Blender
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Are you looking for something like Anime Studio?

Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks guys. Yeah I heard Flash is only really good for web animation, not professional cartoon stuff. I heard of Toon Boom and Lightwave which seem good. I'm checking out Maya, Poser and Anime Studio Pro, thanks to you guys. I have Blender ...just never used it before or knew it has this function.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You could try Synfig also.

Flash is MORE than just web, that's just what it gets relied upon for so often.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you, Scott. So far Synfig feedback isn't bad at all for freeware. I'll just dig more; thnx man. I need the friendliest I can get for my purposes, for there's too much on my plate yet. But the truth, really, is; my dreamland is just about begun - my fun gauge with PProCS6 is at around max, and just this early!!??! Pushing these clips around and watching them play/animated??...I just couldn't ask for more. And Classroom In A Book is a great resource again! I'll def be loyal to Adobe for a long time as God wills, and hopefully I'll try hands on FlashPro some available day but maybe for web, which from what I see, towers as its domain of pride. I just hope I can try other companies along this journey to see why they're even talked about when there's giant Adobe...I'm a horrible conservative but trying to repent. So I hope one day God will bless me with a Mac to try as well famous stuff like FCP, Protools (a Music DAW) etc. It's hard to convince me that there's enjoyment anywhere else that is as quality as in commandeering these sounds and pictures!!

We're little gods, man, Helloooo???!!
    Last edited by Crye; 22nd Mar 2015 at 08:42. Reason: typo
    Quote Quote  
  7. "God will bless me with a Mac" ? Everything you said up to that point was good.
    Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence -Carl Sagan
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm sorry if you misunderstood. I was talking about God providing the means for me to get one - a very good one for that matter; I wasn't trying to sound good anywhere. I know how God is Giver of all things, and I just find myself obsessed over my testimonies. Some people get inspired by that. But let's focus on video here. Hope I don't break a rule already
    Last edited by Crye; 22nd Mar 2015 at 13:07. Reason: adjustment
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by Crye View Post
    I'm sorry if you misunderstood. I was talking about God providing the means for me to get one - a very good one for that matter; I wasn't trying to sound good anywhere. I know how God is Giver of all things, and I just find myself obsessed over my testimonies. Some people get inspired by that. But let's focus on video here. Hope I don't break a rule already
    I believe the implication was that a Mac is a gift from Satan.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    Exactly.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Haha. Don't complicate your mind, bro.
    Last edited by Crye; 22nd Mar 2015 at 18:40. Reason: spicing
    Quote Quote  
  12. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    Originally Posted by Crye View Post
    Rumor has it Jobs is helping Satan getting his marketing skills updated.
    For a cut of course!

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Looks like a kook slipped in.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Please read our rules before posting. Specifically:
    Other
    No Political, Religious, or War related discussions
    This applies to all posters. Problems and this thread will be closed.

Thanks,

Moderator redwudz
    Quote Quote  
  15. Annoying Newbie TheMightyNumberNine's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Crye View Post
    ...Yeah I heard Flash is only really good for web animation, not professional cartoon stuff. .
    That depends on how you define "professional cartoon stuff", I suppose. I know that My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and The Powerpuff Girls were both animated using Flash, albeit with a bunch of third-party addons. Many professional animators "cut their teeth" with Flash on sites like Newgrounds and B3TA, back in the day. I think you could do a lot worse than getting acquainted with Flash either before graduating to a more comprehensive software suite or alongside it. If nothing else it would teach you some useful concepts.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hmm, nice touch. I think I know what you saying. It's just like my music DAW knowledge is greatly helping my video editing studies now. I'll give it a try with time.
    Quote Quote