VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I am new and searched, browsed the forum very well but couldn't find exact solution to my question.

I want to burn subtitle and add starting image to any movies like The Matrix,etc.

For the solution of adding image at starting i made .wmv movie from Windows Live Movie Maker. By adding same image 2-3 times to make 6-7 sec movie.

Well this wmv converted to avi.

I can't append this Both the movie and new avi file as such sample rate doesnt match.

Burning subtitle with virtualdub is easy but it takes lot of time to re-make whole movie.

AS SUCH MY QUESTIONS ARE:

1)How to add an .wmv file which can be converted to avi file with no audio to an existing large 700 MB movie.
    2) How to burn subtitle FASTER. as such i only want to add subtitle at start.

Please Help
    Regards.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Please somebody help
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    WMV is the wrong format for whatever it is you are trying to do.

If you want to join a piece of video to the start of another video without re-encoding then both parts must have matching resolutions, framerates, codec and audio. This may mean you have to re-encode your intro every time to make it match whatever your larger file has. There is no simple magic bullet for your problem.

You can probably minimise the time it takes when suing virtualdub to restricting the subs to just the beginning using keyframes and encoding with smart encoding. That way only the section with subs will be re-encoded. Or you use soft subs instead of ruining the image with hard subs.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Adding subtitles through TestSub is of no problem.

But adding an Image at starting you are right it needs "both parts must have matching resolutions, framerates, codec and audio".

So as such how to make an Test Video Common for 100 Movies to be attached to sync with them.
    Quote Quote  
  5. you need to determine the characteristics as mentioned above; fps, audio sample rate, resolution, encoding settings, etc...

you can use gspot, and/or mediainfo to determine some characteristics of the movie you are appending to. AVI is just a container, and can contain many different formats, codecs etc...

The audio has to match, even if it's just blank audio, or it won't append

If the 100 movies are different resolutions and settings each, you need to make 100 different versions. If they are identical, then you only need to make 1

I would do this with avisynth and encode using vdub or avidemux. You can join with avidemux. Here is a related thread with instructions
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/311027-Trying-to-add-intro-to-AVI
    Quote Quote  
  6. Oh Thanks mate.

Well Yeah So How to make this one video to edit so it sync with the movie same goes with video.

I mean how to just change the setting to match the original movie.
    Quote Quote  
  7. The instructions are above.

To summarize, use gspot / mediainfo to determine the characteristics of the big movie, then encode the intro using the same characteristics, then join them
    Quote Quote  
  8. Ah Great Thanks.

Well i loaded the movie and found out its characteristics. So the main video must also be same.

Is there 1-Button system to copy same attributes to an video. So i will do it faster.

Does minute FPS matter to not sync and join.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Yes it matters. Everything has to be almost identical (except bitrate) , or it won't join

There is no 1 button copy same attributes... you have to do it manually for each
    Quote Quote  
  10. Edit: Sorry didnt read the above post fully.
    Last edited by cyberlion; 24th Jun 2010 at 13:32.
    Quote Quote  
  11. The posts above are correct. But you can get around the problem you describe as follows:

The parts of the video you wish to merge (combine) don't necessarily have to be in the same format, framesize, fps, bitrate, etc. if you firstly convert the files to DVD format (IFO, BUP, VOB), using an app like the excellent ConvertXtoDVD and saving to a location on your hard disk drive. In such case, the resolution, fps, SAR, etc., will be identical (e.g., 720x480, 29.970 fps, 1.50:1, etc.).

Once you have your files converted to DVD format, use the merge feature in a program like DVDFab to burn your video compilation as a single movie to DVD media, which you can then play on your TV or any other stand-alone-player.

So go ahead and create your WMV, AVI, MPEG or whatever, at any bitrate and picture size, and
    Quote Quote