VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,
    I have a flip hd digital video camera that I use for videos for our newspaper website.
    I love the quality.
    But I am wondering if it is worth it.
    The old flips were great. Dump the files into windows movie maker. Put them all together with a fade transition. Upload to Youtube. Embed.
    Video on the website.

BUT.
    The HD uses MP4, which does work for windows movie maker.
    I tried converting to AVI using VLC, but had difficulty.
    I decided to buy Pinnacle Studio. That had promise ...
    BUT, when I make the movie as a HIGH DEF video MP4 and upload it to youtube, the quality goes to hell. Far worse than anything I ever uploaded with the old Flip.
    When I make a movie with the AVI, the files are HUGE. Up to 1.5 gigs. And then, the video upload to youtube is completely black, even though it's fine on my computer.

So, I'd like some advice. After buying the camera and Pinnacle, I am not interested in spending more money.

Can someone suggest a work flow?

(BTW, when I upload the unedited MP4 straight to youtube, it's pretty nice.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    When you're done editing, save your file as a 1280x720 h264 MP4 at 4000kbs or as a Xvid/DivX AVI at 4500kbs. That should be good quality for Youtube upload. Audio Should Be 96kbs - either MP3 or AAC.

Just in case you're trying the direct Youtube upload from Pinnacle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jx2ivXOSP-c
    Last edited by Soopafresh; 19th Feb 2010 at 02:43.
    "Quality is cool, but don't forget... Content is King!"
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had the same problem uploading a raw 1.5gb avi to youtube; it converted it into a black with audio. If you can output to m2v it will decode well.
    Quote Quote