VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have one file encoded in XVID that for some reason can't be streamed to my PS3. My other XVID files work perfectly fine. What's the problem? Weird that its only one file. Could it be a frame rate problem, or a FOURCC problem, or a problem with my ps3? I read somewhere else where there was problems streaming xvid to the ps3 using windows media player 11 but no problems in tversity.I am using TVersity v. 0.9.11.4 that streams using the DLNA protocol. Well, here is the info on the file I'm trying to stream.

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Open the file with g-spot or media info. They will tell you a lot more about the file than virtualdub will. Look for things like VBR audio, packed bitstreams, or the use of GMC and qpel
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Maybe just run it thru vdub to "correct" any errors in it and to rewrite the header. It may be just a single stray byte thats stopping it playing?..Failing that you'll have to call the VSI squad.
    Corned beef is now made to a higher standard than at any time in history.
    The electronic components of the power part adopted a lot of Rubycons.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    here's the info taken from g-spot

also, i ran the tests you can use on the bottom of g-spot and it says that the XVID MPEG-4 Video Decoder failed to connect. However, ffdshow had no problems.
    Quote Quote