VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I rip a DVD with smart ripper and then...blah blah blah... until i get to the TMPGenc. i convert to VCD and then when i watch it on my TV the BG is all fuzzy when the camera is moving... WHY IS THAT? can someone help me out so i cant get a great picture? email me at
    bobbygoo@comcast.net or post here but i prefer email. thanks[/img]
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    VCD is not always up to the task of keeping good quality, especially with action movies. What type of DVD player are you using? If you can tell me I could advise you on some alternate encoding methods. The fuzz you are seeing is the macroblocks that make up the picture becoming simplified due to insufficient bitrate.
    TV Respects Me!
    Quote Quote  
  3. In TMPGEnc what is your motion search precision set to? Try setting it to high quality(slow) if not done so already and see if this helps.

If your dvd player can handle it, try using (X)vcd with a higher bitrate... but be forewarened that in my experience even using the highest bitrate for vcd (2700 kbit/sec for audio and video combined with a compatible player) will still result in blockiness in dark areas of the movie and slightly fuzzy fast motion sequences!!!! yup.. sucks..

Once again if your dvd player can handle it try using (S)vcd which will give better results but will take up more cdrs.

Heres a post that might be of some help if you are still struggling to remove noise from dvdrips encoded to vcd/(x)vcd, there are some great links that Akai Rounin posted that I found helpful.
    http://forum.vcdhelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=104299
    Quote Quote