VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. blaze123
    Hi,

Ive just started trying out SVCD2DVD Demo #2 and im trying to convert an SVCD to DVD but everytime i convert the file (straight to 'Author DVD Folders') it cuts off the end of the video, ive tried it again and again but it does the same thing.

Ive tried it on three other SVCD's and its doing the same although it didnt bother me too much with the other because it didnt cut much off but the one im trying to do now, it seems to but off the last 5-10 minutes of the video.

Any ideas what the problem is?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. The demo has a limit of 1 Gb files so maybe thats it.
    Greatings,
    Yf
    Quote Quote  
  3. Guest
    im converting XSVCD's and the file size is 573MB, but once its converted into the DVD Folders, the file of the video is then 546MB, so it cuts off the end
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The demo truncates the mpgs at the sequence end code. If the mpgs have a strange structure (not 100% SVCD/VCD compliant) then this could mean that the truncation is more servere than is intended

This truncation doesn't happen in the full version.
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  5. blaze123
    ok, thanks for the info when i get paid i'll be buying the full version, hopefully that'll work
    Quote Quote  
  6. blaze123
    Does SVCD2DVDMPG (demo) also cut off the end when you convert it? its cutting off the last 4 minutes (2 of those are just credits) but i would prefer to see if it works before i pay for the full version...

Also, what is the donation fee for the full version? £10?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  7. Guest
    sorry meant to put SVCD2DVDMPG (free)

not (demo)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No SVCD2DVDMPG does not truncate files. Bare in mind that it some mpgs will be truncated if some of the process don't like something within the structure of the mpg. Rare but it is possible. I would recommend trying several source mpegs before you conclude your testing.
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote