VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I was told, when inquiring on a motorcycle forum, that mounting my Sony Handicam on my motorcycle was a bad idea. The instrument (Handicam) is too delicate and would probably incur internal damage.

What say ye?

I was looking at RAM Mounts for mounting to the handle bar but I didn’t see anything stating vibration free or shock resistant.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I wouldn't risk a camcorder on a semi-rigid handle bar mount. You might look into a camera less susceptible to damage.
    GoPro is one, but I use a Mobius camera, about the size of a matchbox. Even with it, high rates of vibration can cause
    a 'jello' affect in the video. If you have a heavy street bike, maybe not a problem.

But a Mobius is cheap enough (~$80US) and takes great HD video.
    Wind noise can be a problem, but I use a fabric Band-Aid over the microphone and that helps.

Mobius: https://www.amazon.com/Mobius-Action-Camera-1080P-Sports/dp/B00DP1WYD2/ref=sr_1_1?s=el...n+camera&psc=1
    I also use a 1400mAh 5VDC battery pack and a 128GB micro SD card for about 7hours of HD video.

If you really want to use your camcorder, I would make a custom mount that surrounds the camera in soft foam.
    That may prevent damage.
    Quote Quote