VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Downloaded video with yt-dlp and get sound file separate. |They won't merge. Message "malformed aac bitstream install FFMpeg to fix this automatically." I have ffmpeg in the same folder as yt-dlp.What do they mean install fmmpeg?

Also is there a way to join the video and audio and have them in sync?
    Quote Quote  
  2. What is the command you used for merging?

You can synchronize the audio and video with ffmpeg with the following command

Code:
    ffmpeg.exe -i "movie.mp4" -itsoffset 3.84 -i "movie.mp4" -map 0:v -map 1:a -c copy "movie-audio-delayed.mp4"
    You need to change the 3.84 with the corresponding delay. It might need negative number, it might need positive.
    Quote Quote  
  3. There's probably, in all likelihood nothing wrong with the downloaded aac file. It's the way fmpeg is interpreting it and baulking at it.

With ffmpeg and ffprobe in the same directory as yt-dlp - in this instance try to download both the video and audio with ffmpeg, therefore giving it less opportunity to complain, thus:

Substitute your selections where I have used bv+ba for testing.

Code:
    yt-dlp -f bv+ba --hls-prefer-ffmpeg "URL"
    or because the mp4 format is stricter than mkv for accepting audio formats, you could use mkv:

Code:
    yt-dlp -f bv+ba --hls-prefer-ffmpeg "URL" --merge-output-format mkv
    Last edited by codehound; 15th Sep 2021 at 15:43.
    Quote Quote