VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Using the latest version 3.2.x Pro, ripping the english version of PAUL from DVD results in a movies with several scenes where the scene is repeated for like 5 to 10 seconds. It is also possible that it skipped a few scenes, but I haven't gone back to watch the ISO image to be sure. I've seen this on several other discs in the past as well, but 3.2 fixed those (repomen). Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    What did you rip the disc with?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Ripped with AnyDVD in ISO format and mounted with Elby Clone Drive, then the main movie is VOB2MPG Pro 3.2.x
    Quote Quote  
  4. This first was noticed on PAUL. It has now also happened on YOUR HIGHNESS. Apparently, when a disc has both a rated and unrated version, without being entirely separated streams, but share most of the streams, and have only minor play list differences, VOB2MPG PRO is picking up BOTH versions in the output. This is a serious BUG, because it makes the rips of newer movies completely worthless.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by sulu98 View Post
    This is a serious BUG, because it makes the rips of newer movies completely worthless.
    If you decrypted only the version you wanted in the first place, before then using VOB2MPG, this wouldn't happen.

I do see that it claims to be able to handle angles so maybe it does have a problem, but decrypting just the version you want will still prevent the problem you're having.
    Quote Quote