VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I can't get BeSweet or AC3Machine to convert a MP2 (MPEG1-LayerII) to AC3 5.1.

The command line looks OK
    "C:\BeSweetv1.5b21\BeSweet.exe" -core( - Input "d:\test.mp2" -output "d:\test-New.ac3" -logfile "C:\BeSweetv1.5b21\BeSweet.log" ) -ssrc( --rate 48000 ) -ac3enc( -b 384 -6ch )

Any Ideas?

I checked the option "Create 5.1 AC3"

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I cant answer you question unfortuntaley but I can ask you one which may cause you think a little.

Why are you trying to convert a stereo soundtrack to 5.1? You won't get true 5.1 sound by doing this. In fact there is a good chance it will sound worse than the original stereo.

If you want to use Ac3 sound for its small size and compatibility, stick with Ac3 2.0. It will sound as good as the original mp2 audio and provide the small size and compatibility you want.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I guess, that I should have provided more info... Here is what I am trying to do:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it possible to capture an MPEG2 (DVD) with AC3 5.1 sound?

I currently use Movie Factory 2 LE to capture MPEG1-Layer II and it authors it to AC3 2.1 (no support for 5.1)...

SOUND: I have a Hercules Game Theater XP 7.1 which has a digital (optical) line in...
    S-VIDEO: MSI-8606 TV@NYWHERE PCI TV-Tuner

Is there a software that would capture the video (MPEG2 - DVD) and audio (AC3 - 5.1)?

I guess that if I capture MPEG1-LayerII, there is no advantage to convert to 5.1 (BeSweet)...

Any ideas?

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. If your source is DVD and you want 5.1 sound, just rip it from the DVD, don't bother with capturing. If you don't have a DVD ROM drive the you will need to get one, they are dirt cheap these days. The final video will look much better too. Check the guides on the left of the page under DVD RIP
    Quote Quote  
  5. bugster,

My source is not DVD!

I am capturing from S-Video because it is my only option. Let's just say tat there are no other options. I have a source that is 5.1. I want to capture video (MPG2) and audio (5.1). My sound card has a line in (optical). How can I capture video (MPG2) an audio (5.1)?

Currently I capture MPEG 2 video and MPG1-Layer 2 audio. I use MovieFactory to author (encode) to 2.1 (it doesn't go any higher).

My concern is that when it captures the audio it only captures MPG1-Layer 2. There's no option to capture 5.1. If I could capture 5.1, I would get the same quality as the original!

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  6. OK, not DVD, but 5.1. Sorry, can't really help except to say you will need to connect the optical in on your soundcard to the optical out of whatever your source device is (what is it BTW, SKY+ by anychance, in which case i'd be interested in this too, though don't currently have a 5.1 soundcard). As your soundcard has 5.1 (or even 7.1) optical input, does it not come with some sort of multichannel capture software?

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Hopefully some else will know.
    Quote Quote  
  7. bugster, not SKY+

I am getting the card tomorrow. I am not sure if a software is required for the multi-channels, or if it is done by the driver... I'll find out soon!

thanks
    Quote Quote