VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys

I got a trouble seeing subtitles for mkv files, cause on my tv, that is connected through te composite cable, always subtitles appear very low, and only can read the top of the second line words.

I tried to reduce font size on Subtitle Workshop but don`t work!!!

Any ideas??

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If it's text subtitles you must adjust the position in the player. Doesn't it have any subtitles settings at all?

Maybe you could try make sub/idx image subtitles and put in the mkv using Txt2VobSub.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have that player & you can zoom out, your subs should display better. Also, sometimes if you push the subtitle button it gives you other choices that may display better.

Seagate also has a forum for it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I made an account just to answer your question, since it came up when I was googling for solutions for the same problem.

For the Seagate FAT+, this is actually a non-issue when it comes to .mkvs. If you read the manual it tells you, during an .mkv, with subtitles turned on, if you pause the file the arrow buttons can be used to adjust the subtitles. Specifically, pressing left or right makes the subtitles larger or smaller, and pressing up or down adjusts their position on the display. Hopefully, having this reply here will help other people who are worrying about this issue prior to purchasing the device.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Interesting, I get that with the Theater non plus version & regular AVI's sometimes.

My LG TV lets me adjust Closed Captions, size, font, color, flashing, Etc ......
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by WiseSalesman View Post
    I made an account just to answer your question...
    And I created an account just to thank you for your help. Google led me here. Question answered. I appreciate your help and I just wanted to let you know that your efforts are still helping folks over a year later.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by 120inna55 View Post
    And I created an account just to thank you for your help. Google led me here. Question answered. I appreciate your help and I just wanted to let you know that your efforts are still helping folks over a year later.
    Same here, almost another year later. I guess sometimes it pays to RTFM but Google is usually faster .
    Quote Quote  
  8. And I'm here 4 years later to also say thanks, and that it works with all types of files!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by WiseSalesman View Post
    I made an account just to answer your question, since it came up when I was googling for solutions for the same problem.

For the Seagate FAT+, this is actually a non-issue when it comes to .mkvs. If you read the manual it tells you, during an .mkv, with subtitles turned on, if you pause the file the arrow buttons can be used to adjust the subtitles. Specifically, pressing left or right makes the subtitles larger or smaller, and pressing up or down adjusts their position on the display. Hopefully, having this reply here will help other people who are worrying about this issue prior to purchasing the device.
    Well...it is 5 years now ) Had to register also to say thanks for you reply, very helpful (found by google)
    Quote Quote