VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi everyone,
    Just finally made my first SVCD and had a couple of questions if anyone could help...
    1: On the sections of the movie with fast action scenes the movie seems to go a little choppy and the quality is not that great. What causes this and how do I remedy this if possible?
    2: Does chapter selection not work w/ SVCD's? I can fast forward and rewind, but not flip chapters.
    3: In TMPGEnc how do you know what template is the proper one to use ie NTSC NTSCfilm or PAL?
    These may sound like dumb questions, but I am new at this! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Jay
    Quote Quote  
  2. Fast action scenes are what give MPEG encoding the most trouble - it's also where the variable bit rate used in MPEG2 is most likely to spike up to high levels. Are you attempting to play the disc back in a standalone player or on your computer? If standalone, what kind, and does it specify support for SVCD? If computer, what kind of specs (processor speed, etc)? Where did you get the video you created the SVCD video from, and was it totally smooth before you ran it through MPEG encoding?

Sorry, don't know abou SVCD chapter selection...someone else help out here...

To determine the proper template in TMPGEnc, you need to know the framerate of the source video, and what framerate you want the encoded video to be. There is some trickiness if you want them to be different.
    Quote Quote