VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by BlackQ View Post
    Understand. But this is not an open web site - it is close / limited community with particular list of interests. It was important to have full movie example to have a fair position - we are not selecting "good scene" to show.
    But you aren't comparing anything, you just posted x264 and x265 encoded movies.

If you want to do a proper comparison, you need to link to the source, the x264 and x265 encoded samples as well as the ones encoded with your encoder and there are plenty of legally free video samples that you can use, I suggest going to Xiph Derf clips, downloading all the NetFlix clips, about 300GB in total, combining them in a NLE, exporting them as a lossless and using that as a source.

Plenty of variety, complexity, they are high quality and they represent what can reasonably be expected to be considered a "master"; alternatively download the Tears of Steel, 13GB JPEG2000 encoded "master" and use that as a source.

What you have done is taken commercial blu-rays, which were already compressed relative to the "master", and uploaded complete x264 and x265 re-encodes and in all honesty, the quality isn't all that good, it reminds me of the crap encodes one would find released by various "scene groups" on any torrent website.

You need to step your game up if you plan on coming here and convincing anyone that you truly have a better way.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    I would recommend using test samples e.g. from Derf's collection on the Xiph media server, or raw footage of public Blender movies (like "Tears of Steel"). Many experienced testers may already have downloaded the original videos, which don't have a license that would get you in trouble for sharing.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by LigH.de View Post

You pasted the same URL twice.
    Oops! Corrected one for console version of encoder and decoder: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ezo9ct3sqpjfmtr/Sif1_1_80.zip?dl=0
    Quote Quote  
  4. Regarding standard / master sets for test: yes, this is what independent test group doing right now. We just don't want to interfere with their work. Most of the time we are getting a raw video from partners since for each company / niche / application they have the most critical content which is important for them.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by BlackQ View Post
    Regarding standard / master sets for test: yes, this is what independent test group doing right now. We just don't want to interfere with their work. Most of the time we are getting a raw video from partners since for each company / niche / application they have the most critical content which is important for them.
    @BlackQ

As I suggested earlier, you have to very careful about what you post and you're treading on shaky ground with your statements, The above statement does nothing to further your case for uploading complete copies of movies (which may result in the closing of this thread and getting you banned) without an example of your codec for comparison.

Not to be rude, but the phrase "Put up, or shut up" is very appropriate for your case. You've done and said nothing to show or explain why your project is better than existing codecs and unless you're able to provide a sample of non-copyrighted material and/or a short clips which fall under Fair Use, it's best to leave this thread to prevent embarassing yourself or your company any further.

Thoroughly read through is thread which I linked to before your next post as you're headed down the same path and the same ending: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/380675-Announcing-ZPEG-Demonstration-Site-Works-wi...-h265%21/page3

The first rule of sales and marketing is "Under promise and over deliver", your threads show you're doing the exact opposite.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've reported the links to your samples as it probably violates forum rules.

Another tip, thoroughly read the Forum Rules anywhere you post. Another example of the correct and professional way to conduct yourself.

Do NOT talk about warez releases
    Like filenames Movie.2012.DVDSCR.X264.AAC.P2P.mkv. Please don't download warez movie/tv releases.

Do NOT give warez / Do NOT link to warez
    Distributing warez. This includes linking to warez either directly or to crack or serial sites. Offering warez in any fashion including PM or e-mail is against forum policy.

Do NOT advocate warez
    Advocate warez. Recommending the use of warez.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I believe, I understand copyright well, even I am not a lawyer. If and only if we infringe anybody right the owner of right can contact us and inform about infringement and request any particular action. "My ownership - my obligations" We have posted links closely, used officially bought movies and did not generate any rewards or benefits out of them. So, if the owners or forum moderators think differently I am totally open to cooperate and follow the requests.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by BlackQ View Post
    I believe, I understand copyright well, even I am not a lawyer. If and only if we infringe anybody right the owner of right can contact us and inform about infringement and request any particular action. "My ownership - my obligations" We have posted links closely, used officially bought movies and did not generate any rewards or benefits out of them. So, if the owners or forum moderators think differently I am totally open to cooperate and follow the requests.
    What kind of drugs are you on? You come here talking about this supposed "new" encoder, and as "proof" of the quality of your encoder you post links to complete x264 and x265 encoded commercial blu-rays.

If you want to do a comparison, you need to at least post a link to the source, then post a link to your reference encodes (in this case the x264 and x265 variants) and also to the one encoded using your encoder.

So far all you have done is post links to full copies of commercial blu-rays and I don't see how the links haven't been removed yet much less this thread closed.

Mods: others have had threads closed for only talking about where to find copyrighted content to download, this guy posts links to full copies and it's allowed to go on. Others have been banned for much less, why the double standard?
    Quote Quote  
  9. I believe I have provided a parameters of compression for h.265 version to compare - did not I? We are always trying to compare SIF with h.265 at highest settings. If you want any particular video and / or any particular settings of h.264 / h.265 to compare with SIF - just let me know we would be happy to try. Codec competition group uses standard video cuts for test and reference encoders to compare.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!