VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Preamble:
    Amazon Music, Tidal, and Apple Music are all adding/converting/remixing their catalogs to include Dolby Atmos spatial audio object encoding.

AFAICT, Tidal and Apple Music will play the new format on a few devices (e.g. Apple TV) which will output to HDMI for playback through a conventional home theater receiver/speaker system.

Amazon Music, however, is limited to playing back the new mixes downmixed (?with HRTF?) over headphones for mobile devices (Apple Music is doing similar on iPhone) and only playing back multichannel on one of their standalone speaker/streamer devices. (Possibly Sonos is getting multichannel as well?)

I have no desire to switch from Amazon Music to Apple Music or Tidal, nor to buy an Apple TV.
    I do wish to listen to my Amazon Music Playlists on my home speaker system.

Question:
    How can I play the Atmos-encoded files saved to my phone on another device? (Preferably with the Amazon Music player for another platform, but I'm expecting that won't work.)

Theoretically the tracks should all be wrapped as M4A or MP4 files.

The Amazon Music player is downloading and storing these files on my Android phone for offline playback. I can't see them in the folders where .mp3 purchases from the music store are stored.

I have access to a couple of different devices I think I can get root access for.

Does anyone have any insights?
    Last edited by SteelyDon; 6th Jan 2022 at 12:32.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Was also wondering about that ! Did you ever make any progress with this ?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by webvan View Post
    try musicfab - https://musicfab.org/?ad=forum
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by webvan View Post
    Maybe you can try to use some third-party tools like Tunelf Amazon Music Converter? The converter can help you download DRM-free Amazon Music songs so that you can use them as normal local files. It also keeps the original sound quality to maintain your music enjoyment.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The point of a forum is to share ACTUAL experiences, not to tell someone to try a commercial product that may or may not work.
    Quote Quote