VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

Do any of you Pro's know an easy way to normalize the audio in a divx movie??

I.e. If I have a compilation of videos, some of them are High Volume & Some Of Them are Low Volume!.

There HAS to be an easy way!!!

Regards

Quote Quote  
  2. Well, I'm not a pro, but the easiest way I can think of is by using VirtualDub and somekind of program that can normalize wav-files.

The procedure:

1. Open the movie in VirtualDub and select "File->Save Wav".
    2. Normalize the wav using your preferred program.
    3. Re-encoding the wav back to mp3 and join video and audio at the same time. These both can be done in VirtualDub. Use Direct Stream copy for Video, and Full processing mode for audio and select desired Mp3 compression mode under audio->compression.

I believe you can already do this, because you asked the help of the pro's. But I also believe there is no faster way to do this. This whole procedure takes appr. 30-60 minutes depending on processor speed and the normalizing program.

Hope this helps.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Hi there,

I can give you some information that can help you here. As i like to normalize my audio as well.

Startup the Virtual DUB utility and SAVE the WAV.

Once that is done, get your hands on a program called NORMALIZE and the GUI interface from http://www.doom9.com

This is a very easy and quick program to use. Normally would take no more than 10-15 mins to normalize and entire wav file.

Then use the given procedure by filipcza
    to mux the audio back into the divx.

HOPE THIS HELPED.
    GOOD LUCK

Regards,hTK / M.O.A.H.K
    Quote Quote