VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I ripped the movie fine and then I tried to backup using clonedvd2 but something is mucked up. It jumps and pauses and crap...I have done it twice now...DvdShrink doesn't work either...What I think is happening is 2 of the titles are getting mixed up...I was going to try dvd rebuilder, but it seems that you can't backup up a disc that has multiple angles/interleaving....

So, i ripped with decrypter using file mode...should I maybe do stream processing? Will that help? I am trying to keep the menu and much of what is on the disc so I don't want to just reauthor and keep movie only...
    Boy do I love my avatar!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by tsantsa
    I ripped the movie fine and then I tried to backup using clonedvd2
    ?????

Ripping is backing up. What are you talking about? Do you mean shrinking the filesize?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Ripping isn't backing up. It is ripping to disc...step one for a true back-up.
    Boy do I love my avatar!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

It's been a while, but I am also having problems backing up this DVD.

Using dvdbackup generates errors, and if I use ddrescue to create an image, I can use cat to create a single file, but it freezes at about 43 minutes in.

Not many people are trying to back this up.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You would have been better off starting a new thread on this subject, particularly since you use Linux and most DVD ripping software is for Windows. If you need software recommendations for use with Linux and/or Wine , you will get better advice by posting in the Linux forum.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Chances are the drive is having trouble reading the disc. It happens now and then. I had the same problem with a brand new DVD a couple of weeks ago. Fortunately I have a few DVD drives, and between them they eventually managed to rip the whole disc.

The dvdbackup errors to which you referred.... what were they exactly? If they're I/O errors, it's probably a "hard to read" disc.
    Quote Quote