VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm just trying to create a DVD compliant image / directory that will mux a wav file with an mpv. The tutorials I have found here use tools that no longer seem to work. I tried MEncoder and finally got it to work after installing a very old version of .NET Framework but then it would not take the .wav / pcm file which seems to be HD - next I tried DVDAuthorgui but it too won't run on Windows 10. Is there any utility that is being maintained that can still mux mpeg video with wav to make DVD compliant files / iso / directories?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try having a look for AVStoDVD, it should take pretty much any audio/video input and also uses hcenc so the quality is very high and allows you to do a lot more as it also uses avisynth. Its 100% free and requires no other installations except avisynth or avisynth+

https://sites.google.com/site/avstodvdmain/

DVDStyler should also work
    Quote Quote  
  3. I was hoping I could just find a muxer - I really don't want to do any re-encoding - just looking for something simple, but if I cant find it I'll try a more advanced tool - just looking for a simple muxer that supports regular DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  4. To be more clear, this is a DVD that was was converted to MKV by MakeMKV - it has the original video and audio but when I demux it I just get one video and one audio file - so I don't what to chanage any bit rates or aspect ratios etc - just trying to get it back into a DVD compliant format.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well if you created that mkv straight from the dvd then the files will be compliant since it does not typically do any re-encoding in that direct process. Avstodvd will not re-encode compliant assets.

If in doubt, post a mediainfo report here (text mode) of both the video and audio.

But if you just want a muxer then try muxman. That is what avstodvd uses.
    Quote Quote  
  6. General
    Complete name : E:\BabyMetal\Blu-Ray\2012-07-21 - Legend Corset Festival -Bonus DVD from Legend Z (480p).mkv
    Format : Matroska
    Format version : Version 2
    File size : 596 MiB
    Duration : 9 min 28 s
    Overall bit rate mode : Variable
    Overall bit rate : 8 807 kb/s

Video
    ID : 1
    ID in the original source medium : 224 (0xE0)
    Format : MPEG Video
    Format version : Version 2
    Format profile : Main@Main
    Format settings : CustomMatrix / BVOP
    Format settings, BVOP : Yes
    Format settings, Matrix : Custom
    Format settings, GOP : Variable
    Format settings, picture structure : Frame
    Codec ID : V_MPEG2
    Codec ID/Info : MPEG 1 or 2 Video
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Bit rate : 7 264 kb/s
    Maximum bit rate : 9 800 kb/s
    Width : 720 pixels
    Height : 480 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate mode : Constant
    Frame rate : 29.970 (30000/1001) FPS
    Standard : NTSC
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Interlaced
    Scan order : Top Field First
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.701
    Time code of first frame : 01:12:00:00
    Time code source : Group of pictures header
    Stream size : 492 MiB (82%)
    Language : English
    Default : No
    Forced : No
    Original source medium : DVD-Video

Audio
    ID : 2
    ID in the original source medium : 189 (0xBD)160 (0xA0)
    Format : PCM
    Format settings : Little / Signed
    Codec ID : A_PCM/INT/LIT
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 1 536 kb/s
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
    Frame rate : 30.000 FPS (1600 SPF)
    Bit depth : 16 bits
    Stream size : 104 MiB (17%)
    Title : Stereo
    Language : Japanese
    Default : Yes
    Forced : No
    Original source medium : DVD-Video

Menu
    00:00:00.000 : en:Headbangeeeeerrrrr!!!!!
    00:05:43.643 : en:Uki Uki Midnight
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well that file looks dvd-compliant to me.

And you really have nothing to lose by trying avstodvd. You will soon know if it is re-encoding due to on-screen messages.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    AVStoDVD includes settings that prevent re-encoding video and audio that are already DVD compliant. These settings are presented to users when the "AVStoDVD Quick Set-Up Tutorial" window is displayed, under "Encoding Preferences". The checkboxes should be ticked to keep compliant video and audio streams intact when imported into AVStoDVD.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  9. I still don't use Windows 10 on any of my twelve computers, but in other versions of Windows there are "compatibility modes" you can use to allow the older program or utility to run under the current Windows version. Have you tried this? I have at least 3-4 muxers that would do the job for you, and the job you are doing shouldn't take very long or be very difficult.

So, right click on the older utility you want to use (the icon or the EXE) and look for a compatibility setting.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Well that file looks dvd-compliant to me.

And you really have nothing to lose by trying avstodvd. You will soon know if it is re-encoding due to on-screen messages.
    Well gee, last night I tried it and got an error from MuxMan - but it must have been something I did - because I tried again this morning and avstodvd worked perfectly with no errors. Thanks for your help!
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by usually_quiet View Post
    AVStoDVD includes settings that prevent re-encoding video and audio that are already DVD compliant. These settings are presented to users when the "AVStoDVD Quick Set-Up Tutorial" window is displayed, under "Encoding Preferences". The checkboxes should be ticked to keep compliant video and audio streams intact when imported into AVStoDVD.
    Yes, I had not set preferences prior to using avstodvd last nite - after a good nights sleep I got it right! Thanks!
    Quote Quote