VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm following a guide here on how, in the most lossless way, to prepare a Blu-ray file for any non-linear editing software and installed all the necessary softwares.
    https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=163649

In the section that reads Mount the AVS file it says to right click on the AVS file extension and click on “Quick Mount” and a folder should appear. But this does not happen for me, instead a "PFM Mount' appears and when I click on it a Mount options box appears and and when I click Mount it says the file cannot be mounted as it is not of a supported file format. I have both AviSynth Virtual File System & Pismo File Mount Audit Package installed.

Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Is that really an AVS file? It should openable in a plain text editor.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by JVRaines View Post
    Is that really an AVS file? It should openable in a plain text editor.
    It is.
    Quote Quote  
  4. In Avisynth , shouldn't you return some clip at the end? That source filter might not return video. At the end try to add:
    return last
    Quote Quote  
  5. I've tried returning the clip with AviSynth but I get this error message

Last edited by jealousy91; 8th Feb 2019 at 22:34.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you drag this script into virtualdub2, does the movie open ? Or do you get an error message?
    Return should not be needed in the above script
    Quote Quote  
  7. try to rename that mkv movie, get rid of those empty spaces before extension. I remember having problems with spaces as a last character before extension.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    If you drag this script into virtualdub2, does the movie open ? Or do you get an error message?
    Return should not be needed in the above script
    I installed it but it doesn't open. I get an error message.

Quote Quote  
  9. I think something has changed with respect to the versions of 'AviSynth Virtual File System' and Pismo File Mount Audit Package.
    you can mount the avs from a cmd.exe prompt run: C:\avfs.exe "test.avs" ... or drap and drop the avs file on the avfs.exe and will mount the file. (then test.avs-> PFM open..)

[Attachment 48030 - Click to enlarge]
    責任者-MDX
    Quote Quote  
  10. you can just use avfs.exe that is in Vapoursynth package, it is a simple , one file solution, without mounting,
    you download Vapoursynth portable version 32bit if using avisynth 32bit, unpack it and running in cmd line:
    avfs.exe your.avs
    that would put your new virtual avi into C:\Volumes
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by sekininsha View Post
    I think something has changed with respect to the versions of 'AviSynth Virtual File System' and Pismo File Mount Audit Package.
    you can mount the avs from a cmd.exe prompt run: C:\avfs.exe "test.avs" ... or drap and drop the avs file on the avfs.exe and will mount the file. (then test.avs-> PFM open..)

[Attachment 48030 - Click to enlarge]
    I posted the problem I had with the guide about mounting the avs file on doom9 and a user from there provided me with an older version of AviSynth Virtual File System and Pismo File Mount Audit Package.
    https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=176092

When I right click on the avs file now it says "Quick mount" like it's supposed to. But when I click on it says File cannot be mounted. It is not of a supported file format.

Last edited by jealousy91; 9th Feb 2019 at 16:19.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search PM
    [never mind ... reading old docs]
    Last edited by JVRaines; 9th Feb 2019 at 22:25.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was wondering a second time if the script is bad, there was some mention of it
    earlier in this tread
    Quote Quote  
  14. 1) You should enable show extensions in windows explorer, so you can see what the files really are (e.g. .mkv , or .avs etc...)

2) You need a working script in order to mount . You don't have a working script - so you need to debug that step. If you have x86 avisynth installed , check with x86 vdub2 . If x64, then check with x64 . The older version of pismo mount does not mount x64, only the newer command line version does

3) Make sure you have avisynth installed and ffms2.dll plugin extracted to the avisynth plugins directory

This is not as "lossless" as importing the video natively into a NLE . Also the performance will be much slower because of the additional overhead of frameserving. Most NLE's will treat the frameserved data as RGB, this can cause clippinog and unwanted color changes, unless you control the conversion yourself and frameserve RGB . Most will treat native AVC or MPEG2 data as YUV (which is what it really is) . The only type of BD that usually is not supported is VC-1 compression (maybe ~10% of BD's) . For MPEG2 and AVC BD's, if you import it as .m2ts or even re-wrapped as .mp4 it would be better/faster. Professional NLE's typically do not support MKV container (some open source ones do, like shotcut, but they aren't "full featured" NLE's) . HD audio types are usually not supported either, so you can import the audio as wavs separately
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    1) You should enable show extensions in windows explorer, so you can see what the files really are (e.g. .mkv , or .avs etc...)

2) You need a working script in order to mount . You don't have a working script - so you need to debug that step. If you have x86 avisynth installed , check with x86 vdub2 . If x64, then check with x64 . The older version of pismo mount does not mount x64, only the newer command line version does

3) Make sure you have avisynth installed and ffms2.dll plugin extracted to the avisynth plugins directory

This is not as "lossless" as importing the video natively into a NLE . Also the performance will be much slower because of the additional overhead of frameserving. Most NLE's will treat the frameserved data as RGB, this can cause clippinog and unwanted color changes, unless you control the conversion yourself and frameserve RGB . Most will treat native AVC or MPEG2 data as YUV (which is what it really is) . The only type of BD that usually is not supported is VC-1 compression (maybe ~10% of BD's) . For MPEG2 and AVC BD's, if you import it as .m2ts or even re-wrapped as .mp4 it would be better/faster. Professional NLE's typically do not support MKV container (some open source ones do, like shotcut, but they aren't "full featured" NLE's) . HD audio types are usually not supported either, so you can import the audio as wavs separately
    I enabled to show the extensions to see what the files really are

Then I installed the x86 versions of VirtualDub2 and AviSynth and then added the 32-bit plugin of ffms2.dll to the avisynth plugins directory and the avs file now works

But when I try to Quick mount it I get the same error message. Here's a video demonstrating it.
    https://vimeo.com/user94960228/review/316450300/898b1ae362

A user from doom9 say that I'm trying to mount an MKV instead of an AVS script and that this obviously cannot work.
    https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=176092
    Quote Quote  
  16. Did you register the avfs.dll as in the instructions ? You might need a different, older pismo mount version that matches the versions you are using. Newer avfs versions run using the command line. And the newest versions actually come with vapoursynth

The newest standalone versions do not require pismo mount. You can extract it from the vapoursynth install. But it does not integrate with the context menu. It comes with both x86 and x64 flavours, and can mount both .avs and .vpy scripts

EDIT - checking on this computer, the old x86 avfs that works with the context menu is 1.0.0.5 , and pismo 186 . This works with the right click context menu with x86 avisynth.

If it were me, I would just rewrap the video if it was AVC or MPEG2. Better method in every way.
    Quote Quote