VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey, i am trying to convert an animation BluRay i have from 29.97 1080i to 23.976 1080p without interlacing or ghosting artifacts and i am struggling to figure out how, i have tried handbrake & staxrip using IVTC and deinterlacing but there always seems to be some ghosting present. Is this a case of i have to do more than just IVTC/Deinterlace? or am i just screwing it up completely I have provided a 50 sec clip of the source material i am trying to convert for reference, can anyone here set me on the right path?

https://www62.zippyshare.com/v/r4owhilz/file.html

This is the only season that was released in 1080i and it's bugging me to not have it the same as the rest!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The file has more than 1 blended frame per 5, so simply removing 1 out of 5 frames won't perfectly restore 23.976fps. If the file had been telecined then this would be an easy fix but it's not. Srestore for avisynth would still be your best option for removing most of the blended frames.
    Last edited by KarMa; 6th Feb 2019 at 17:03.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by KarMa View Post
    The file has more than 1 blended frame per 5, so simply removing 1 out of 5 frames won't perfectly restore 23.976fps. If the file had been telecined then this would be an easy fix but it's not. Srestore for avisynth would still be your best option for removing most of the blended frames.
    Right i thought it would take a little more work, i already have Srestore and have been playing around with it but can't seem to figure it out. Do i need to be looking at the omode parameter? Any tips on what settings would work on this video?
    Quote Quote  
  4. That video was blend deinterlaced before being encoded. SRestore() won't work. FixBlendIVTC() + TDecimate() is probably your best hope. Or mabye FixBlendIVTC() + SRestore(frate=23.9076).
    Last edited by jagabo; 6th Feb 2019 at 21:53.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    That video was blend deinterlaced before being encoded. SRestore() won't work. FixBlendIVTC() + TDecimate() is probably your best hope. Or mabye FixBlendIVTC() + SRestore(frate=23.9076).
    I tried FixBlendIVTC() & TDecimate() and it removed some of the ghosting but not all of it, FixBlendIVTC() & SRestore(frate=23.976) just crashes Staxrip so i can't test that.

Here's the same sample with FixBlendIVTC() used:

https://www115.zippyshare.com/v/7hIRtCVu/file.html
    Quote Quote  
  6. You'll probably have to play around with the FixBlendIVTC settings. I haven't really used the program much so I can't really help with it. Using SRestore() instead of TDecimate() should reduce the number of blended frames. You might need to find an older version of SRestore if you're using 64 bit. I believe you need v2.7f or earlier.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    You'll probably have to play around with the FixBlendIVTC settings. I haven't really used the program much so I can't really help with it. Using SRestore() instead of TDecimate() should reduce the number of blended frames. You might need to find an older version of SRestore if you're using 64 bit. I believe you need v2.7f or earlier.
    Ok, thanks for trying to help. I have tried playing around with the settings of FixBlendIVTC but it doesn't seem to change what it's doing to the video in any way. I got FixBlendIVTC & Srestore to work together thanks to your tip about using v2.7f, and it has improved the video more but there is still a few blended frames remaining. Getting there slowly but would gladly take anymore tips anyone has
    Quote Quote