VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

i am developing a software application that uses FFMPEG as an executable and i am willing to pay $100 to anyone
    that can create the following list with the possible output format properties for each format and the required
    FFMPEG arguments to achieve best and fast results (two pass encoding e.t.c.).

Payment method : Paypal

Please send me a PM.

i am developing a software application that uses FFMPEG as an executable and i want
    the following list with the possible output format properties for each format and the required
    FFMPEG arguments to achieve best and fast results (two pass encoding e.t.c.).

Requited Video and Audio Formats

1. Standard Video Formats MP4, AVI, MPEG etc. and all others supported by FFMPEG
    2. Social Media Video Formats Facebook, Twitter, GooglePlus, LinkedIn, Youtube and other Video Sharing Websites e.t.c.
    3. Latest Mobile Phones, Smartphones Video Formats IPhone, Android etc.
    4. Latest Other Devices IPod, Playstation, PSP, Zune etc., CD, DVD e.t.c.
    5. Standard Audio Formats

For each Format

1. List of available FFMPEG Video Encoders and Audio Encoders
    2. For each Video Encoder and specifically for this format

Bitrates list Min-Max, if they exist
    Supported Framerate list
    Supported Video Sizes list
    Supported Pixel Format list

Other available or required FFMPEG Properties

3. For each Audio Encoder and specifically for this format

Bitrates list Min-Max, if they exist
    Audio Channels list
    Supports No Audio Yes/No
    Supported Sample Rates list
    Encode Mode CBR/VBR etc.
    Supported Sample Foramt

Other available or required FFMPEG Properties

4. Video and Audio Properties such as Bitrates, Video Sizes, Video and Audio Encoders Sample Rates, CBR/VBR etc. for :

Very High Quality
    High Quality
    Medium Quality
    Low Quality

5. ! Required FFMPEG Executable Arguments to get results for each format and with the specific encoder properties
    best quality and fast results (two pass encoding etc. and more).
    6. Supports Metadata Yes/No

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Are you high?

You are "writing an application that uses ffmpeg as an executable" (<---LOL at this statement) and you want someone to "write a list" of all possible ffmpeg formats and arguments, that is what you said, right?

Here you go:

https://www.ffmpeg.org/documentation.html

Do I get the $100? On second thought save it, spend it on the therapy you so desperately need.

Just mind boggling.
    Quote Quote  
  3. The "documentation" is not complete and you should know that ffmpeg is simply a kind of wrapper.

I need documentation for how to convert to different video and audio formats and i do not mean a simple -f avi.

I need also help for the various parameters you should use and also other details.

It is not so easy as you think it is.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Some thoughts
    1. there are already converters using ffmpeg
    2. "best and fast" results is very vague goal. There can be infinite discussion about EVERY option whether it is better or not.
    3. moving target? everything is being patched from time to time
    3. your budget is about adequate to extract info about just one simple codec
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sophisticles View Post
    Are you high?

You are "writing an application that uses ffmpeg as an executable" (<---LOL at this statement) and you want someone to "write a list" of all possible ffmpeg formats and arguments, that is what you said, right?

Here you go:

https://www.ffmpeg.org/documentation.html

Do I get the $100? On second thought save it, spend it on the therapy you so desperately need.

Just mind boggling.
    Or just more money than brains? $100 is more than you'll probably ever make on your app that you plainly haven't a clue how to write.

This reminds me of all those noobs on Linux forums who think they're going to be a sys admin in 3 months and they can't even compile a package.
    Quote Quote  
  6. i did not know that this forum was full of trolls and unpolite people.

i have better things to do than find and learn every option of ffmpeg.

ffmpeg is just a program you know. you do not get any wiser if you know all its options neither a better programmer.

also i have not much experience with ffmpeg and do not want to spend too much time on it.

moreover, i want a second opinion to assure me that i am correct with the options and parameters.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by alexander121 View Post
    i did not know that this forum was full of trolls and unpolite people.

i have better things to do than find and learn every option of ffmpeg.

ffmpeg is just a program you know. you do not get any wiser if you know all its options neither a better programmer.

also i have not much experience with ffmpeg and do not want to spend too much time on it.

moreover, i want a second opinion to assure me that i am correct with the options and parameters.
    It's a huge ask at a low price. That's where the perceived mockery is coming from.
    Quote Quote  
  8. ffmpeg is just a program you know. you do not get any wiser if you know all its options neither a better programmer.

A second opinion on the options and parameters would require you to know something about them yourself first. The rest of your post is an admission that you don't, and that you can't be bothered to find out. And you have the nerve to call us trolls and unpolite you cheeky bastard!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by alexander121 View Post

It is not so easy as you think it is.
    True... and definitely worth more than 100$
    Quote Quote  
  10. As shekh has already mentioned (along with other good points), there are already good front ends for ffmpeg. Why reinvent the wheel, especially given your level of knowledge of it? I freely admit not knowing the first thing about how to use it and use programs from developers who know much more about how to use it properly than I ever will. I suggest you do the same.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    The ONLY way to tap the full potential of programming utilizing ffmpeg is to know it by heart, thru and thru, backwards and forwards, every jot & tittle, AND know the background of video & audio technology so you understand the effect on parameter changes.
    You can only get to that level by great effort on your own part (personally or corporately). If you cannot be bothered to even begin going down that road, don't expect anyone here to take you seriously.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In another forum I follow someone posted a great idea for a new gaming system, all he needs is someone to do ALL the programming since he's already done the hard work of figuring out what needs to be done! ;-p
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by smrpix View Post
    It's a huge ask at a low price. That's where the perceived mockery is coming from.
    This. Much FFmpeg documentation is at the link in Post #2. But not all of it. Some documentation can be found in encoding guides like this one. More is available by running FFmpeg with listing options. And then there is a good deal that's not very clear until you look at the source code. A proper answer to the OP would start at $500 in labor.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i am developing a software application that uses FFMPEG as an executable
    Here's how you 'Develop' an application that spits out most of what you ask. As several already informed... your read, you try, you experiment, you search, and then you read, you try, you experiment again ... until it works. Whatever you check, the following will spit out in a script because it is meant to teach as well as do.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Frame 1.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	101.8 KB
ID:	43229

Name:	Frame 2.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	43230

Name:	Frame 3.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	43231

I've never been a programmer by trade so my time is cheap and I have WAY over $100 time invested in this and it is by far nowhere a complete list of FFMPEG functions, just a group of most asked for functions.
    Quote Quote  
  15. ok so 100$ is too low.

i did not know that it was that hard.

i thought you could find the information somewhere on the web easily.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by alexander121 View Post
    ok so 100$ is too low.

i did not know that it was that hard.

i thought you could find the information somewhere on the web easily.
    Yes and no - you can use some presets but most of them is outdated - usually this is highly spread type of information side to this it need to be verified before use... This is probably not the most challenging task but for sure it can be very time consuming...
    Quote Quote  
  17. i should have better asked where i can download good presets for ffmpeg.

Do you know where i can download good and updated presets for ffmpeg?
    Quote Quote  
  18. RipBot264 includes a whole lot of presets. It also exposes the command lines for editing, but you can just grab them. Of course, if you use any in this program you're creating you should always say where you got them. Or just forget about your program as the hard work has already been done by better developers.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Ok thanks.

Originally Posted by manono View Post
    RipBot264 includes a whole lot of presets. It also exposes the command lines for editing, but you can just grab them. Of course, if you use any in this program you're creating you should always say where you got them. Or just forget about your program as the hard work has already been done by better developers.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Methinks this is a company, not a private individual, that is trying to use ffmpeg for an app and obviously doesn't want to do the due diligence or just thinks it can be purchased off the shelf like we are all no rent Bangladeshi programmers that salivate over $100 one time PayPal opportunities. IWO, I just can't see an individual behaving this way with their own money, but companies do it all the time.
    Quote Quote