VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi there,
    I have video e-books and would like to convert them to be able watching it on standalone dvd player LG LH-T6340
    wich have divx capability but not WMV, even there is a windows media logo on it, I think it means only WMA ?

But here is the problem:

input video is according to Gspot report:

File Type: ASF (.WMA/.WMV)
    Mime Type: video/x-ms-asf
    File Length Correct
    Sys Bitrate: 357 kb/s
    Created: 2007 Mar 13 19:30:35

AudeviceConformanceTemplate:S1
    VideviceConformanceTemplate:MP@HL
    Aud:Windows Media Audio Voice 9
    Aud:20 kbps, 22.05 kHz, mono
    Vid:Windows Media Video 9

audio codec: 0x000a (WMSpeech)
    0x01:22050Hz 20 kb/s (1 chnl)

video codec: WMV3
    WMP v9 (VC-1 Simple/Main)

video bitrate 336 kbps and video resolution is 800X600

I have great experience watching it on a PC but,
    I would like to rencode it somehow, by the way optimaly, wich means that video and audio are VBR divX and mp3 vbr and multiplex it, so I have optimal bitrate / space and crisp view on tv. It should be taken in consideration that scenes are low motion changing but there is a lot of small text, it was created using camtasia studio- screen capturing/recording tool with framerate of 15fps and tottal video lenght per CD or precisly 347Mb in space and in lenght is ***Frame 505144 (9:21:14.022)
    Initial Requirement is that all that conforms standalone dvd player so some resizing is also unevitable ?

Here is the sample of video, and I ask you pros if somene could explain me a whole procedure, or maybe returning me reencoded video with download link...

I made this slice using AsfBin, and get .asf output instead of .wmv but that change nothing.

Just to mention I have AceMegaCodec pack 6.0.3 pro/complete instaled, additionaly I installed wmv9VCMsetup.exe and I watch video in BS , KM, and GOM, but
    when i try to open it In Virtual Dub it says:

VirtualDubError
    No audio decompressor could be found to decompress the source audio format.
    (source format tag: 000a)

Thank you, and may the force be with you!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried convert using something else? Like avidemux or winff. Convert to avi xvid with mp3 and it should work fine your divx dvd player.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Get and install the DirectShow input driver for VirtualDub:

http://forums.virtualdub.org/index.php?act=ST&f=7&t=12664

Then use the DirectShow Input Driver when you open the ASF file:

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you Baldrick, and jagago!

Actualy I have no problem now with opening video from Vdub, as jagago described, but avidemux gives me a similar error, and Baldrick if you know how to resolve this... I have popup with this message
    "No audio decoder found for this file
    Save (A+V) will generate bad avi. Save audio will work." ?

Can you please give me some parameters for video and audio I would need to set for optimal encoding ? quality/filesize to be closest to original and do I need to resize for example on 720X540 to be playable on standalone LG DVD player...? Is it better to tell to DivX encoder to resize or do that in filters section from virtual dub....
    Does framerate should stay at 15 and so on... ?
    I realy dont know what is the best, just give me a recepie for this pie
    There is a link to original video in a first post. Fire your engines

Thank you again.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Does your file play in WMP with both video and audio? If you don't have the correct audio decoder installed, WMP should download it automatically. Then the Direcshow input filter should work. You could also try using AviSynth's DirectShowSource().

To play on your Divx/DVD player you will have to reduce the resolution to 720x576 or less (720x540 to maintain AR). The 15 fps frame rate is probably ok. I would just use Xvid, single pass, target quantizer = 2 or 3, audio at 44,100 Hz at 128 kbps CBR mp3.

Here's a sample downsized from 800x600 to 720x540:
    short.avi

Arbitrarily cropped on all four sides to keep the video clearer (no resizing):
    crop.avi
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I can see and hear it in WMP, certenly I have decoders, but avidemux reports an error on oppening file as I had previously in Vdub.
    In Vdub I've done resizing with bicubic interpolation algorythm , but eventualy crooped. Used DivX encoder 6.8.4
    at max quality and 780 kbps ABR bitrate, and 64kbit/s AVB lame encoder.
    I Realy had an idea that I could save up time, but It is always time consuming when you want to extract more within boundaries of posible and not a pro as you are I had never understood myself why I am doing that....

Realy appriciate your efort, thak you!
    Quote Quote  
  7. AviDemux uses its own built-in decoders. If it doesn't have a decoder for the audio there's nothing you can do.

VirtualDub's DirectShow input filter and AviSynth's DirectShowSource() should use the same DirectShow decoders as WMP.
    Quote Quote