VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. I have downloaded files from my PVR, intent is to put them in Sony Vegas for editing then DVD creation.

The issue is sort of 3 fold ...
    First thing is some of files will play OK on VLC, MPC, WMP
    Others will not play on VLC but will play on other players

The fact that all will play on MPC (Audio & Video) means to me that at some level both Audio & Video is OK

The Humax PVR forum suggested I remux them with tsmuxer

So opened file in tsmuxer selected output as m2ts and set it to go.

Output file which would play on VLC now plays but no audio. When I looked with mediainfo .. shows no audio, the original track has AAC audio at 5.1 (6 ch)

Never used tsmuxer before .... all I did was select 'm2ts'

Can I get tsmuxer to remux and keep audio ?

2 media info files attached
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. Dumb question, but did you try importing the files directly into vegas ?

Tsmuxer doesn't always "see" all streams, when the stream ID's are not commonly used ones

For AVC/AAC, MP4 or MOV container usually work well in vegas if you cannot get the transport stream working. You could try remuxing with ffmpeg or mp4box (or one of their GUIs - maybe tencoder, ffqueue for ffmpeg ; or yamb beta 2, or mymp4boxgui for m4pbox)
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    In StaxRip I use the following for fixing bad TS:

DGMPGDec, DGAVCDec, DGDecNV, DGDecIM (besides indexing it can also demux audio and video with good av sync)

ProjectX for MPEG-2

dsmux to convert TS to MKV, dsmux belongs to Haali Splitter and keeps av sync, mkvmerge is very bad in regard of TS and av sync.
    Quote Quote  
  4. With regard to Vegas ... yep I did try .... (that is why I'm trying to remux) ... the moment you click on file to import Vegas goes 'Not responding'; even before you press proceed.

I Googled around and many have had issue with .ts when it includes AAC audio, and found a couple of comments that state clearly that tsmuxer does not support AAC

A lot of programs mentioned above .... none of which I have ever used, which is going to be the simplest for me to try ?
    Last edited by Tafflad; 15th May 2015 at 16:41.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Tafflad View Post
    With regard to VegasA lot of programs mentioned above .... none of which I have ever used, which is going to be the simplest for me to try ?
    For TS with AVC and AAC you can try gdsmux (GUI) or dsmux (CLI) from Haali Splitter to mux TS to MKV or DGAVCDec for demuxing audio and video. DGDecNV is newer but it's shareware, another shareware is TS Doctor, I have both and can recommend them, especially DGDecNV or DGDecIM.
    Quote Quote  
  6. OK ... tried tsdemux ... it run, says its complete but provides nothing in the designated output folder as almost no mips on processor think this just did nothing.
    tsremuxer although detailed separately was tried - seems same program as tsmuxer - no audio

Installed Haali Media Splitter ... I can run GDSMux ... it allows me to set output folder, but can't find anyway to select input file ?
    The 'input' button on top bar has no effect. Is this supposed to be driven by something else as a front end ?

Just to clarify all I want to do is to be able to get a file into Vegas for editing.
    I don't really want to transcode and lose video quality, and absolutely want to keep the 6ch audio.
    Last edited by Tafflad; 15th May 2015 at 16:42.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'll just chip in.

Little point in keeping that 6ch audio, if indeed it is so given that what channel broadcasts such audio in the first place, since you will have to re-encode it as dvd does not support aac audio.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Glad of the chip-in... If there is any 5:1 information I want to keep the 5:1 surround sound, assuming there is a surround sound element.
    I usually render to separate MPEG2 video and Dolby AC3 audio
    AC3 should support - right, center, left, right surround, left surround & lfe

or am I missing something ?

If I bought a DVD it would have 5:1 (as well as others) .......... is this a specific issues as its from an off-air broadcast.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ok. So I misread your mis-typing. You really meant to write 6ch ac3 ?

May I suggest that you upload a short sample recording with this troublesome audio and we can take a better look at the problem.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Another test completed - a change (part success)
    As there are several mentions of using VideoRedo TV Suite..... downloaded .... I then ran the 'Quick Stream Fix'
    It has created new .ts files and they do play on VLC both video & audio.

So far still struggling with getting them into Vegas ........ the files drop in, previously it would go 'not responding' as soon as I selected file.
    Now they do get into Vegas ... however neither of the files have an audio track .

The medaiinfo for a file 'post' running through Videoredo is attached

I'd be happy to strip out Audio and load separate Audio & Video tracks into Vegas, I will be rendering out Audio as AC3
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by DB83 View Post
    Ok. So I misread your mis-typing. You really meant to write 6ch ac3 ?

May I suggest that you upload a short sample recording with this troublesome audio and we can take a better look at the problem.
    OK ... any particular program you suggest that will allow me to cut out a snippet without changing audio or video ?

Will virtual dub allow it ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You could try avidemux but videoredo might also allow that.

BTW from the mediainfo report, you will also have to re-encode the video for two reasons. Firstly you have HD video which is not supported for dvd and it is AVC so that must be re-encoded as mpeg-2.
    Quote Quote  
  13. You can use dgsplit to cut a section. 30-50MB should be large enough

neuron2.net/dgsplit/

You need to make a note of which files work, which do not, and what sample you're uploading. There seems to be several types of files that you're dealing with (maybe from different channels ? ) .
    Quote Quote  
  14. DECEASED
    Search Comp PM
    I Googled around and many have had issue with .ts when it includes AAC audio, and found a couple of comments that state clearly that
    tsmuxer does not support AAC
    Completely false.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	tsmuxergui.png
Views:	596
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	31704  

Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    @Tafflad

You can add files to gdsmux using the context menu! gdsmux allows you to output mkv or mp4. VideoRedo also has a good reputation but it seems to be pricey. Did you also try DGAVCDec? tsmuxer is not very good in keeping av sync in my experience.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search PM
    I might be completely off-track, but have you tried running the .ts files through MPEG2Repair ?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by El Heggunte View Post
    I Googled around and many have had issue with .ts when it includes AAC audio, and found a couple of comments that state clearly that
    tsmuxer does not support AAC
    Completely false.

OK ... I just found several searches that stated tsmuxer could not handle AAC .. they must be wrong, I had no experience either way.

many examples such as http://forums.afterdawn.com/threads/tsmuxer-error.707720/
    Last edited by Tafflad; 17th May 2015 at 13:02.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    You can use dgsplit to cut a section. 30-50MB should be large enough

neuron2.net/dgsplit/

You need to make a note of which files work, which do not, and what sample you're uploading. There seems to be several types of files that you're dealing with (maybe from different channels ? ) .
    OK as requested 1 x 30Mb sample
    To confirm video is from over the air broadcast ... initially it would play video but no audio (on VLC) but had audio on MPC

Tried tsmuxer - remuxing to m2ts - made no difference - still no audio also tried dsmux & tdsmux no difference
    Also tried (after reference here) HDTVtoMPEG2 it fails to load file stating "can't find channel"

Run it thorough stream fix on VideoRedo ......... and now it will play audio in VLC ............ but as before if I load into Veegas still no audio.

The original files are also still on my PVR and play fine on there.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by Tafflad; 10th Jun 2015 at 05:09.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
    @Tafflad

You can add files to gdsmux using the context menu! gdsmux allows you to output mkv or mp4. VideoRedo also has a good reputation but it seems to be pricey. Did you also try DGAVCDec? tsmuxer is not very good in keeping av sync in my experience.
    Tried VideoRedo ..... at least the 'Quick Stream Fix' until I used that could not get any audio to play .... at least I have audio after using it. Is there some other part of VideoRedo I should be using
    Last edited by Tafflad; 17th May 2015 at 13:02.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    If so many things fail then your PVR probably creates pretty bad files.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Originally Posted by The Mariner View Post
    I might be completely off-track, but have you tried running the .ts files through MPEG2Repair ?
    The home site does not work on download .. and the redirect site also does not work .. so been unable to try that
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
    If so many things fail then your PVR probably creates pretty bad files.

On the support forum for product I get the similar view that ... file plays perfect on the PVR ... so its not the PVR at fault but must be my PC or programs on it.

Got a significant part of the puzzle at least have the downloaded files and they will play fine in the desktop players.
    They don't play any audio though it Vegas.

It may be that my version has issues with AAC that has less than perfect format ... been told the HD broadcast files typically have GOP errors (I don't know what these are)
    I'd be happy to strip sound out and load files as separate video & audio streams.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    You can use dgsplit to cut a section. 30-50MB should be large enough

neuron2.net/dgsplit/

I'll try to be clear ....

Have 2 recorded HD files on my PVR both around 17GB in size, they are HD video .. and both recorded off air (BBC HD) and both play fine on the PVR.

I downloaded the files .... there was no audio when played on VLC, there was audio when played on WMP or MPC
    They would not load into Vegas ... as soon as you selected file (even before pressing import) Vegas would go 'Not Responding'

I then tried all of the suggestions
    tsmuxer, tsremux (which seemed same thing), gdsmux, dsmux, HDTVto MPEG2, all either did not work or had no effect.

I then tried VideoRedo and ran files though QuickStreamRepair ......... the resultant files (sample is from this) will play on audio & video players .. the files will now also import into Vegas. (Movie Studio Platinum12)

However the imported file has no audio.

Mediainfo for the file the sample came from is attached ..
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  24. Just had a comment on the PVR forum to install the K-Lite codec pack ........... seen several posts here that advise against doing that.
    If this is likely to be an AAC codec issues ... can I just get that codec somewhere ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    DGAVCDec successfully demuxed your sample (default handling in StaxRip), it showed some error:

Warning: no active SPS, timing SEI cannot be parsed

I could mux to mkv and play but muxing to mp4 with mp4box gave an error I've not seen before and have little idea about since I'm far from a MP4 expert.

------------------------------------------------------------
    Error Muxing using MP4Box
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Muxing using MP4Box failed with exit code 1

AVC-H264 import - frame size 1920 x 1080 at 25.000 FPS
    AVC Import results: 807 samples - Slices: 4 I 203 P 600 B - 0 SEI - 4 IDR
    Stream uses forward prediction - stream CTS offset: 2 frames
    MPEG-4 AAC in LOAS import - sample rate 48000 - 6 channels
    Audio isn't MPEG-2/4 AAC with ADTS
    Error importing D:\Temp\Neuer Ordner\sample_0 temp files\sample_0.dga PID 19cb DELAY 0ms.aac#audio:lang=und:name= : BitStream Not Compliant
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    This is your problem I highly suspect:

Code:
    MuxingMode                : LATM
    Quote Quote  
  27. ffmpeg can handle the audio. So you could batch convert with a ffmpeg batch file, or use some ffmpeg GUI such as tencoder or ffqueue

What do you prefer ? Your options include:

1) Decoding the audio to 6CH PCM WAV for separate import into vegas

2) Stream copy video, decode audio to 6CH WAV into a container together like .ts or .mov with ffmpeg (open source muxers cannot handle PCM in MP4 container)

3) or some Combination like encoding to AC3 directly with ffmpeg ?

I guess it depends on what type of operations you plan on doing in vegas
    Quote Quote  
  28. I would be happy with either of those options .... would it be possible for you to explain how to batch code with ffmeg ... or describe how to use one of the gui's ........... I'll go for whatever is the easiest option.

Vegas is certainly happy enough with wav files
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by stax76 View Post
    This is your problem I highly suspect:

Code:
    MuxingMode                : LATM

what does that mean, what should it be ?
    Quote Quote  
  30. I have been Googling around and found a couple of posts here where people had exactly teh same problem .,.. no audio on TS files when inported.

One suggestion was to use AVStoDVD ... would this help in this situation ? never used that so no knowledge of it.
    Quote Quote